What's new

Seaforth Soaps and AS

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You're really pushing your luck there on the homestead!
You know, I'm computer ill-iterate....SO: I have to have the War Department PAY WITH PAYPAL FOR ME FOR ALL OF MY PURCHASES!!!

AND!: I just bought some stuff that is coming from my newest or second newest bestest friend on B&B: Mr @Old School TSD .... I did ask her first, and she was gracious, which is unlike her when dealing with me. Honestly, the woman jokes with our friends about using a pillow over my face ALL THE TIME, and it would be justified.

But it was her first time using PayPal for anything other than a business purchase. And I knew she was mad when she said (under her breath) "I gotta change some passwords."

You know, I'm computer ill-iterate....SO: I have to have the War Department PAY WITH PAYPAL FOR ME FOR ALL OF MY PURCHASES!!!

AND!: I just bought some stuff that is coming from my newest or second newest bestest friend on B&B: Mr @Old School TSD .... I did ask her first, and she was gracious, which is unlike her when dealing with me. Honestly, the woman jokes with our friends about using a pillow over my face ALL THE TIME, and it would be justified.

But it was her first time using PayPal for anything other than a business purchase. And I knew she was mad when she said (under her breath) "I gotta change some passwords."
As a dad of computer illiterate kids, changing passwords to help them is the end of the line for me!
PS- you owe me 10 bucks :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
As a dad of computer illiterate kids, changing passwords to help them is the end of the line for me!
PS- you owe me 10 bucks :)
You have your people talk to my wife, er, my people! She's threatening to get a profile on here, and you will ALL be BUSTED! If she and @martym 's wife get on here there ain't NONE of us safe.

LOL, lovely IS ain't always lovely DOES!

My wife can skin critters quicker than your wife, nah, nah!!

It's in the same "family" of scents, if it makes sense.
Spiced is as similar to Old spice as Brut and Clubman are to each other.
If you like one, chances are you'll like the other.

The same goes for Heather. It's like (to me) a toned down/more refined version of Clubman with a little bit more lavander.

It's in the same "family" of scents, if it makes sense.
Spiced is as similar to Old spice as Brut and Clubman are to each other.
If you like one, chances are you'll like the other.

The same goes for Heather. It's like (to me) a toned down/more refined version of Clubman with a little bit more lavander.
I have found the Stirling Spiced soap to be a close cousin to Old Spice. I do enjoy the scent.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Is the Spice scent similar to Old Spice?

I did a sniff test (just for you RB!) of my new sample of Seaforth Spice and my vintage Shulton OS cologne.

My take? I wouldn't say they are similar. I mean the SF is in the same vein, but different. If your looking for an OS dupe or even something pretty close, I'd say that there are better options out there.

Does anyone here have the "vintage" Seaforth Heather and Fern or the Spiced? I'm curious about how close the present-day Spearhead versions are to the original versions. No amount of detail in any comments any of you can provide is too much ;).

Spearhead makes Spiced, Heather, and a Lime recreation of the original Seaforth! sets.
I picked up what is supposed to be original Seaforth cologne from the Bay last fall, and I had ordered DD from PAA at that time, and they smell somewhat similar, but not the same. But Diver Down is an homage, not straight copy, according to Doug Smyth's description of the scent on the website.
Then I found the Spearhead remakes of Spiced and Heather on WCS, and ordered them, and again, the Spiced doesn't smell like the supposed vintage cologne.
But none of them smell like vintage Old Spice, which I have a few bottles of.
I really like all of them, and need to pick up the Lime.

Spearhead makes Spiced, Heather, and a Lime recreation of the original Seaforth! sets.
I picked up what is supposed to be original Seaforth cologne from the Bay last fall, and I had ordered DD from PAA at that time, and they smell somewhat similar, but not the same. But Diver Down is an homage, not straight copy, according to Doug Smyth's description of the scent on the website.
Then I found the Spearhead remakes of Spiced and Heather on WCS, and ordered them, and again, the Spiced doesn't smell like the supposed vintage cologne.
But none of them smell like vintage Old Spice, which I have a few bottles of.
I really like all of them, and need to pick up the Lime.

Thanks for the info. How would you compare the Spearhead Heather to the vintage Seaforth! Heather and Fern original?

Does anyone here have the "vintage" Seaforth Heather and Fern or the Spiced? I'm curious about how close the present-day Spearhead versions are to the original versions. No amount of detail in any comments any of you can provide is too much ;).
Send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you some vintage Heather & Fern. I have not tried the new Spearhead version of Seaforth aftershave, nor have I tried the soap, so I can't comment on how faithful or similar they are to the original versions.

View attachment 1255350

PAA's Diver Down is based on Seaforth Spiced! I have never smelled the original but I have the soap in both tub and stick as well as the Star Jelly. I enjoy the scent and my wife likes it as well. I believe @Ad Astra has it as well as several other members. The soap and Star Jelly contain an ingredient called nard or spikenard which acts like menthol and gives a cooling sensation. I bought the soap in the CK-6 base which is excellent but I understand the standard CK base is excellent as well.

This is my favorite PAA soap and aftershave. Performs great and smells awesome.

Top Bottom