What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

I've only been DE shaving for about a month now and I've been getting pretty good results so far but today I just had the best shave yet by changing from derby to astra SP.

Muhle R89 with Astra SP blade, AoS sandalwood pre shave oil, TOBS sandalwood cream, whipped dog 24mm silver tip badger brush, AoS sandalwood post shave balm.

Started with my GEM Lather Catcher with a Gem SS blade, but the blade felt loose and the shave was very rough. I picked up the Canadian Schick E3 (Chick 7) and ended up with a very fine BBS shave. Lathered with Williams Vintage Tonsorial using a Vulfix Super Badger, and finished with Avon Vintage Wild Country.
$20140720_085051.jpg

This morning I used the Gem MicroMatic Clog-pruf. Once again, a phenomenal shave! A new GEM SS blade, the CO Bigelow Prorasso, and Osage Rub AS were all I needed to kickstart Monday.

The more I shave with the MicroMatics, the more I become convinced that future generations will mark the beginning of the decline and fall of Western Civilization with the decision to cease production of these razors.

That decision marked a victory for marketing over engineering, for cost over quality, and for conformity over innovation.

Top Bottom