What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July3rd, 2022

Razor : Schick adjustable injector M3- excellent adjustable, well made to last decades, I receive excellent shaves with this razor on the lower settings with a light touch.(settings 2 WTG, 2 ATG, 3 pickups.)
Blade : Personna SS PTFE (7)- Excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable .
Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside- nice mild scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi black marble 24mm silver tip, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very nice bloom display.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick injector adjustable M3 + a Personna coated injector blade.

SOTD July 3 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Gem Junior Lather Catcher, pearl handle by GAW9576
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20220702_082539.jpg

Mon 4 SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM PTFE 12th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + Stirling Executive Man Splash
A wonderfully nice soap. Lovely scent and a dense creamy slick lather...top class!
The shave with this razor paired with the well-used blade was acceptable...kinda scrappy, but surprisingly good result. 3passes for a dfs finish without any issues. The blade will be retired. The aftershaves were terrific!
20220704_114143.jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
SE SOTD

Trimmer:
Wahl Groomsman
Razor: Vector with MMOC handle
Razor: WR2 0.95
Blade: Proline (3) Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Simpson PJ2
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
ASL: Layrite No9
20220703_221741[2].jpg

After not shaving my face for a year, I trimmed my sideburns with my Vintage 1980's Wahl Groomsman first, used the Vector to reduce and shape, then finished up with my WR2 0.95, leaving the goatee and 'stache unmolested, and my face, naked.

~doug~

Razor: Focus Dynamic
Blade: Ladas (4)
Brush: Stirling 24mm Synthetic
Soap: Mama Bear’s Vetivert Type
Balm: St. James of London Black Pepper & Lime
Aftershave: Bootleggers Maduro

This razor requires learning new techniques. I had the Ladas half blade so I used it. I’m not sure how well the blades work for me. I’m going to use a blade that I am more experienced with the next time I use this razor. 4 shaves with it so time to go with another razor for a while.

B892A9FB-E883-4D82-BD77-1801ECD0EBEB.jpeg

Ron R

SE SOTD

Trimmer:
Wahl Groomsman
Razor: Vector with MMOC handle
Razor: WR2 0.95
Blade: Proline (3) Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Simpson PJ2
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
ASL: Layrite No9
View attachment 1482608
After not shaving my face for a year, I trimmed my sideburns with my Vintage 1980's Wahl Groomsman first, used the Vector to reduce and shape, then finished up with my WR2 0.95, leaving the goatee and 'stache unmolested, and my face, naked.

~doug~
Like that handle you modified, sounds like a great shave!

Ron R

GEMonday, July 4th, 2022

Razor : Gem Junior bar- Mfg 1907-11, excellent tame mid range, very nice with a new Gem blade for a close shave, well built to test of time, very enjoyable audio feedback + it's like going back in time a little this morning with this razor:love-struck:.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Razorock Irish Country side, nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Rainbow 26mm brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + excellent painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD July 4 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom