What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

RAZOR: Blackland Vector SS [SB]
BLADE: Kai Captain Titan Mild PINK [AC]
BRUSH: AP Shave Co 24mm G5C
LATHER: House of Mammoth Sonder

vector-sonder-g5c.jpeg

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline Deluxe Set
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20220629_091322.jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
High Efficiency
SE SOTD

Razor:
Vector with MMOC handle
Blade: Proline (2)
Brush: Simpson PJ2
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
ASL: the "Veg"
20220701_005751[1].jpg

For my first shave with the Vector I decided on my MMOC handle, as it is slim and about half the weight of the handle that comes with the razor.

Starting very steep I could feel and hear the Vector as soon as it started moving. Two days worth of stubble gone in one N-S pass, just like with my ATT SE1.

I relathered for a S-N second pass, just to be sure, and felt and heard every whisker pop as it was reduced to skin level.

I'm using the same Proline I used in my SE1 a few weeks ago, but it sure doesn't feel the same. This is a purebred razor, and not for the faint of heart.

The SE1 is a take no prisoners "Big Dog" razor for sure, but the Vector runs circles around it.
Precise and nimble it rewards a light touch with impressive handling and efficiency.

Yeah, I think I found my "Alpha" razor.

~doug~

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, July1st 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021, tame mid range, there is minimal blade tab overhang to be aware of, I get great shaves with this razor.
Blade : Schick proline P30(6) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice mid range scent with excellent lather qualities. (discontinued) One of my favorite soaps.
Brush : Yaqi Purple haze 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber, excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm with a Schick proline p30.
SOTD July 1 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20220630_075341.jpg

Razor: Schick L8 Golden Schick injector razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Barbershop
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder