What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, Sept 12th, 2021

Razor: Schick adjustable injector M3- Mfg 1970-72, Excellent razor, well built even with plastic handle construction, good results & enjoy using it over the years.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE(1) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely over time + predictable.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, unique scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi "Viper" 24 mm boar, Excellent lather generator, nice split end hair smoothness tips + great scrubber+ great lather painter. New brush to the harem of brushes(Yaqi fanboy). Very nice boar bristle brush, I enjoy the handle ergonomics and color.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm. (Great balm scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick Adj injector M3 + a coated Personna injector blade.

SOTD,  Sep 12th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick B3 Magazine Repeating Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Proraso White Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210911_080159.jpg

Sept Stirling SE Mon 13 SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Executive Man Splash & Frost Drops
Wonderful scent from this soap. The lather is nicely creamy and very slick too...
Shave with this AC razor paired with the blade is the usual silky smooth, comfortable, and efficient 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Really good quality shave and would have used this more if not for the expensive blades. Matching aftershave with some frost drops is really something...
20210913_104651.jpg

9-13-21
Schick G1 (old faithful 🙂).
sChick blade (11 & 11-1/2 counting head shave).
I retired this chick, more out of boredom than it dulling. It was still going strong, but I’ve been wanting to try one of the Ted Pella PTFEs I have; ran out of patience. I do see how the DE crowd can get into blade swapping; fortunately (unfortunately?) for us injector guys, the blade life is much too long, so the experimentation cycles are too long 🙂.
So next shave will be a TPella.

I shaved my head after my face. Honestly, I find any “fixed” blade razor harsh. By fixed I mean non-floating blade(s) and non-pivot. I did a full pass with the G, then switched to my old reliable Sensor Excel. It is so smooth, fast, and non-threatening. I believe I have decided that head shaving from now on will be either my Sensor Excel or my Arc5. I plan to alternate.

The G and my N2 are my next best head shavers. My GEMs are my least favorites (for my head), with DEs somewhere in between.

Regarding the Sensor: It is a very good razor. I never have had any issues with irritation or razor bumps with the Sensor; strangely, I did have some with Schick Twin blades. I believe the floating blades of the Sensor actually prevent the action that leads to irritation and bumps.

I can get a DFS super fast with the sensor, but get closer with the Injector. Neither nick or cut my face, but the Injector can irritate and create weepers on my head.

The sensor is to the Injector as the Injector is to the G-bar. 🙂
For me, the Injector is face shaving bliss.
Happy shaving!

Razor: Gem Push-Button Gold
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
PSX_20210912_083335.jpg

C3FF4B70-7B4A-4DE2-B784-929F2F07B6B7.jpeg

Pre: Proraso white
Brush: Craving Shaving boss synth
Lather: MdC Agrumes
Blade: Schick (1st)
Razor: Schick F

As much as I’d like to report my first use of this razor on MdC Monday was pleasant I cannot tell a lie, it was not. I suspected there may have been some damage to the razor as I had significant difficulty loading the blade. Once I got started I was expecting something similar to my E type (which I love) but it was nothing like that. Absolutely no blade feel at all. And very poor in the efficiency department as well. After three passes and lots of buffing I was left with a close ish shave and some irritation almost everywhere. Looks like we got a wall hanger here folks.

View attachment 1327697
Pre: Proraso white
Brush: Craving Shaving boss synth
Lather: MdC Agrumes
Blade: Schick (1st)
Razor: Schick F

As much as I’d like to report my first use of this razor on MdC Monday was pleasant I cannot tell a lie, it was not. I suspected there may have been some damage to the razor as I had significant difficulty loading the blade. Once I got started I was expecting something similar to my E type (which I love) but it was nothing like that. Absolutely no blade feel at all. And very poor in the efficiency department as well. After three passes and lots of buffing I was left with a close ish shave and some irritation almost everywhere. Looks like we got a wall hanger here folks.
Check out the advice in this thread.

Cheers, thanks for that. Much appreciated. I’ll give it a shot
Check out the advice in this thread.

Sept Stirling SE Tue 14 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum (Raster)
Blade Feather Professional 8th use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Very nice soap! One of my favorite...especially for the nice scent plus of course the lather is always creamy and slick...
Another great shave with the razor paired with this blade. Surprisingly, the well-used blade is crispier, smoother, and comfortable compared to the proguard. 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish without any issues. Matching aftershaves were great.
20210914_102134.jpg

Top Bottom