What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor Yaqi Excalibur AC Head
Blade Feather Pro [3]
We got a winner.... :thumbup:
I'm really liking this combination :001_tt1:

IMG-4756 (2).JPG

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July25th 2021

Razor: Schick i2 injector with hydro magic, Mfg 1954-57, excellent tame mid range, very nice razor to manipulate all areas of the face. Small foot print around the nose or high lining a beard.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable IMO.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum, nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities>good slickness IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic :001_wub: , one of my favorites, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber and excellent lather painter. Hard to beat and got me interested in Yaqi this brush did.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: witch hazel + Ogallala bayrum with Sandalwood + a dollop of Nivea balm + 2 drops of HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:excellent shave with my Schick i2 injector with hydro magic with a Personna coated blade.

Brush collage July 25th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Micromatic Mon 26 SOTD
Soap Stirling Glacial Peach
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 10th Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + HA + TGS Chronos
Wow...truly glacial!!! Really cold creamy and slick lather Not sure about the peach scent though...
Missed my GEM razors so today's shave with the razor paired with the blade was awesome! It was crisp, smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a dfs finish. Aftershaves ensured a super cool face for an oven-hot day!
20210726_094004.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, July 26th 2021

Razor: Gem Damaskeene 1912 open comb, Mfg 1912-15, the razor that turned Gem into household brand for decades, excellent tame mid range, easy carefree shave this morning. One of my oldest and hardest to find A.S.R razors in my collection .
:a17:
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum, nice milder scent (Ver#1) excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm timber wolf, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm + 2 drops of HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17:excellent shave with my Gem Damaskeene 1912 oc with a Gem coated blade.

Brush collage July 26th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb Gold Bumpless
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20200719_081933.jpg