What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

GEM Clog Pruf / GEM PTFE (2) -- Williams Wednesday/Clubman Pinaud -- Monday's OC Micromatic shave was rushed, and I exhibited poor technique (tired/rushed) and the MMOC reminded me of it with a few weepers and irritation--not the tool's fault, all mine. Today with the Clog Pruf I was much much more in control, light to no pressure and a slick soap combined for a DFS 2-pass shave with more audible feedback than I remember from a Clog Pruf--very satisfying.
GEM ClogPruf.jpeg

Razor: Wilkinson - W12 Empire “Popular” 1949
Blade: Wilkinson - Empire Wedge Blade (1)
Brush: FS - 28mm G4 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Mike’s Natural Soaps - Hungarian Lavender
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
Blade Honing: 1000-3000-8000-12000K & 0.1micron lapping

06DFA0A8-2C3A-4A91-B556-FC89498841A0.jpeg

Confidence building shave of the month!
My first experience with one of these Kooky,Krazy, Steam Punk Wilkinson Empire razors. They dont utilize disposable blades but reusable wedge shaped blades. My razor only came with one blade that needed some TLC
55F430E1-ED2A-4EF9-AC05-54318CB258EE.jpeg

I’ve never tried this before, but I had no choice but to get out the sharpening stones and start honing.
I started at 1000k and finished at 0.1 micron. Cross your fingers. I also gave it 20 strops on the leather for good luck
BD955FA2-E4AA-4C27-9416-6A262727AD6E.jpeg

I had no idea if my first stroke would reward me or rip a piece of my face off. I even mixed up an extra thick bowl of Mikes lather to smooth the way.
Wow! This bade might be sharper than a Feather DE yet as smooth as silk. What an incredible shave. My confidence in my abilities has increase. The razor glided over my face to a super comfortable BBS. It was like I had no blade in the razor. I even started daydreaming…which can lead to disaster while shaving.

Great new experience with a whole different kind of razor. I’m still 😊 smiling.

Razor: Twig
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Yaqi Sagarada Familia Tuxedo
Lather: Stirling Mountain Man
Balm: AOS Coriander and Bergamot

Nice W/X/X DFS+. I have to be careful with this razor though. My previous shave I got the worst nicks since using the techmatic band razor in the 70s because I got really careless.

8400F27E-EE65-42AD-BEED-C53885F8F1C5.jpeg

June 17th:

Schick M Adjustable / Schick-Twin Bonded Blade (# unknown, many)
Dove +Men Pre-Shave (Originally going for a different razor, then the Schick caught my eye)
Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee / 30mm Tuxedo
Polo Red Intense AS Balm
Classic Match Red

Results: Awesome BBS shave, it's noon, and I'm still full on BBS.

Razor: Schick M1 Dial Injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210616_082938.jpg

Fri 18th June

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
Vitos Super Red
Yaqi Raster V2 - Ikon handle
Kai CT Protouch MG [ 10 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

While the Raster may not have the Cachet of other AC/SE Razors. when combined with the Kai guarded blade it allows me to have great consistent quality Shaves without any fear of mishap. With the addition of a heavier/larger diameter handle it is a pleasure to use.

IMG_1535.jpg

Top Bottom