What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

I am enjoying the Twig. DFS to BBS. No drama.

4AC48135-089C-4F47-96F7-6E9D79A7FDFA.jpeg

Razor: Schick G5 Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20200704_082052.jpg

I returned home late last night from the beach, so today’s shave called for luxury. I used my PAA Phantom Aerolite to face lather Captain’s Choice Venture and was rewarded with rich, slick, lather that smelled great. The Phantom Aerolite has a big splay and soft bristles but it really performs amazing when painting lather.
Now that my face was ready, I wiped the lather away with my GEM Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC). The cacophony of the whiskers yielding to this great razor was music to my ears. I didn’t want the luxurious lather and symphonic destruction to end so I did a probably unnecessary third pass. Great shave today, complete BBS, even my trouble spots.
FF444459-B44C-44E9-AABF-A3AE3636D775.jpeg
1D23BA37-EAD3-4E55-9F12-324320B43C18.jpeg
7D7DC679-8ED7-451C-B9FC-14803EA04BE5.jpeg
6A58CC3E-6F60-44BB-B62F-4665AA47E851.jpeg

June 7th: Three days growth, and it's going to be a hot sticky day, calling for a menthol cooling shave.

OneBlade Genesis / Feather (new)
Proraso Green / RR 26mm Monster (Bowl Lathered)
Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic AS Splash (Heavily Mentholated)

Results: Really nice BBS, using a little different technique.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, June 7th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic (MMOC)-1st gen(buttonless) 1930-32,2nd gen (Button shims) 1933-41, excellent mid range> I like to use this razor when # of shaves on a blade gets higher because it has a little more blade feel. Built to last and looks it, nice weight also. Solid brass.
1st razor made to "Twist to open" in the world, very advanced for its time period.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Italian barber Amici- mild positive citrus scent, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26mm :001_wub: of all my synthetics brushes this one ticks all the boxes for my type of brush, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, just the right amount of backbone for a gentle scrub(no heavy pressure mashing will ruin any brush) + excellent lather painter which combines it to feel of high quality luxury feel when lathering.(it does not get much better for myself)
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my MMOC buttonless with a coated blade.

MMMonday shave, June 7th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing withGuiding Eye 1947 Silver
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (10)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Squadron Shave Soap - Dutch Resistance
Aftershave: Stirling - Glacial Obsidian (Splash)

3E1B9249-EE83-448D-BB43-079E92BB2554.jpg

Keep your eye on the shave!
Today I’m using my GEM blade on its 10th and final shave. To make sure all goes well with its send off, I decided to deploy the 1947 GEM with the magical “Guiding Eye”.
EE5FF506-FF17-422A-949B-F1CB6F2721F7.jpeg
9872B338-17D7-4228-9DA0-47372B4DC54B.jpeg

Above is a picture of the “Guiding Eye” when it’s fast asleep. Don’t wake it up unless you want a perfect shave.
The magical eye gave my 10 use blade the power of a newborn edge. This was actually one of the smoothest shaves I’ve had in a while, along with a super pleasant post shave feeling. I’m also sure the 20 strops I applied helped.
Now I feel bad about retiring this blade. It’s still got lots of life, but I believe in quitting while I’m ahead.

The Soap & Splash? Wonderful refreshing liquorice all around.

Razor: Ever-Ready 1911 Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Ever-Ready 250 Pure Badger Cased
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210321_085054.jpg

Tue 8 SE SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush BOTI 26mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 19th Use.
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Stirling Haverford Balm
Stirling soaps are truly awesome and this is no exception. Love the aromatic scent and enjoyed the gorgeous creamy slick lather...
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was still good, still smooth, comfortable & efficient enough but just not as silky when new. Managed 3passes for a mostly bbs finish but suffered 1 unexpected weeper. Aftershaves were excellent with the balm prolonging the lovely aroma.
20210608_092405.jpg

Top Bottom