What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC1 Nickled Single Edge Razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210603_081554.jpg

GEM Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC #5), Yaqi Purple Mink face lathering CO Bigelow and finished with Stirling Satsuma, a very nice beach shave. MMOC #5 is an excellent performer, good TTO mechanics, good blade tabs, straight teeth in the OC, it works great.
918EDCB4-BE7C-45CB-B3C8-54922B7F5983.jpeg

Razor: AutoStrop Valet VC1 (1922-1929?) Nickel
Blade: Feather Seikan FAS-10 Carbon (7)
Brush: Spiffo - D'rargo (Manchurian Two-Band SHD-Fan) 24mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Zaharoff Signature
Aftershave: Zaharoff Signature splash

1D9D59F7-1CE7-4EC7-96BF-7845353C1479.jpeg

This shave was carbon dated as…excellent!
I’m still trying to catch up on all the blades I have started for my Autostrops. Im trying to hit ten shaves per blade, unless the blade becomes mediocre. Im on the 7th shave with this Feather Seikan Carbon steel blade, and it is continuing to give me nice smooth shaves. I did give it twenty strops before shaving to keep that edge in tip-top form.
Other than that there’s not much more I can say except “just another A-List Valet Autostrop shave”.
I’ll be using an Autostrop every other shave until deplete all the blades I already have started.

Sun 6 SE SOTD
Soap Ach Brito Mogno
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Yaqi SE Katana
Blade Euromax Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash & Balm
Pleasant scent, creamy & slick lather from the soap.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was quite nice riding the cap. Quite smooth, comfortable & efficient in 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Aftershaves were excellent on an oven-hot & humid day!
20210606_113732.jpg

Sun 6th June

ES Claymore V1 / Ikon Bulldog handle & Kai CT Protouch MG [ 8 ]

Nice not to have to go out officiating today, as Two days back to back with travelling becomes a chore. Having got rid of the sunburn the Shave was very pleasant, and considering the blade is on its 8th outing, the closeness of finish is excellent.

IMG_1505.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, June 6th 2021

Razor: Schick injector i2 with hydro magic- Mfg 1954-57 milder mid range, nice shaves, easy to maneuver the face, light weight & good results.
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE(8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Italian barber Amici, nice calming citrus scent, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock 24mm noir 400 synthetic, 3rd synthetic I ever owned 3 years ago, soft tips, great scrubber for those who like some backbone, great painter. For the time I bought this one it was popular brush & now it is seldom seen. Times change!
Pre shave: Brush(dedicated Yaqi Cashmere synthetic) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici(mild red grapefruit scent) with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my i2 injector with a Personna coated blade.

Brush collage, June 6th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom