What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Schick F razor
Klenzo brush with mixed knot
Modern Williams soap
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Razor: GEM Contour (Flip-Top Variant) 1972-1973
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (7)
Brush: Yaqi - Sagrada Familia (24mm synthetic)
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Panta Rei - Zammu (made by Tcheon Fung Sing)
Aftershave: Ethos - Peppermint Splash

175FB65A-9D31-47A6-832E-41CBFC1A6CCA.jpeg

Is it a Gem or a Cubic Zirconia?

This is my second shave with the GEM Contour and I still can’t get a handle on it. I’m not sure if I should describe it using that old standby “a mild shaver”, or if it just isn’t that good of a razor. My first shave with it wasn’t acceptable, unable to attain any kind of a BBS, especially on my neck. Granted my neck takes more extra passes and scrubbing than most people, but the contour just didn’t seem to be able to grasp those whiskers. Today I let my natural muscle memory and subconsciousness control the razor and ended with a much better shave. I still had to do a lot of scraping and ended up with what I’d call a BBS if you ignored stray bits of micro stubble. Post shave face is hot from excess abrasiveness.
Perhaps there was a reason the Contour was the last of the GEM razors. I’ll wait a while and give it one last go. Perhaps with a brand new blade, but I’m not holding my breath.

Zammu and Ethos? What could feel fresher than liquorice backed up with peppermint?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, April 16th 2021

Razor: Kai Folding Shavette type(Luffy)- Great Zamak shavette, easy to manipulate around the face, I like this folding type.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded (4)- Excellent blade, very smooth & sharp compared to a naked edge. Great blade to learn with or just shave IMO.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- nice scent with excellent lather properties,(discontinued?) One of the better soaps in their line IMO.
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Tuxedo knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG+ pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS + DFS+ BbS + no irritation + 1 tiny weeper= :a17:Excellent shave with my Kai style Shavette with a Kai Protouch guarded blade.

SE Shavette, Fri, April 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these Times!

Some “Stuff” just works
Razor: GEM Featherweight
Blade: GEM PTFE (4)
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Soap: ARKO
Aftershave:Aqua Velva Ice Blue

The Shave: 1st shave with GEM Featherweight: smooth, mild shaver, great results but required all 3 passes and some extra stretching on chin problem areas. Some “Stuff” just works, like ARKO, the Rocket, and AV. ARKO post shave feel...smooth face, that works for me.
Have a great weekend.
Tim
ABFF9EC5-C4AA-45DA-8B09-E09A171E8A94.jpeg
F6CCD8D3-3BAA-4142-A8CA-A477256AA042.jpeg
87535120-F5F1-4D73-911C-F1F63531E4F5.jpeg

Razor: Schick L7 Championship Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210415_083624.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
After the bounciness of a darned cool Shovelhead and the smoothness of an Ikon X3, only dissonance in my paltry understanding of compressional, yield, and torsional strength remains. Proline P Series blades being the only reaffirmation of my superstitions.

Top Bottom