What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Wednesday 14th April 2021

BDEE27B2-7F3D-4395-B8DA-1FD25C67E40B.jpeg

PreProraso Red pre shave, Italy 🇮🇹
Soap
Squadron Soap Captain’s Blend, Australia 🇦🇺
Brush
Yaqi Arctic Sky China 🇨🇳
Razor
Wolfman WR2, Canada 🇨🇦
Blade
GSB, Russia 🇷🇺
Aftershave
Proraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Nivea balm, Germany 🇩🇪
Fragrance
GFT Eucris , UK 🇬🇧
Rating
9/10,

Yaqi katana and a kcg

An ok shave it is light have to get used to that even with a kcg a bit of an ankle biter couple of nicks and cuts

Ik looks good, finish is good and shaves a bit mweeh maybe a heavier handle works better for me.

Attachments

• 83779F36-1169-49B1-BEF5-1BF9002BF4EA.jpeg
    83779F36-1169-49B1-BEF5-1BF9002BF4EA.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 4
  • E2C0C514-44A4-4A34-A8AD-4BCE6CA7A288.jpeg
    E2C0C514-44A4-4A34-A8AD-4BCE6CA7A288.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 4
Wed 14th April.

Schick Type F & NOS Schick S/S -Holland [1]

Such a shame that Schick no longer manufactures their blades in Holland. Both the Platinum and S/S are great blades and enhance the performance of the Razor they are in. A really nice Shave today but the Type F is always smooth and comfortable irrespective of the blade being used.

IMG_1414.jpg

The Deuce
Razor: GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip (2nd use)
Blade: GEM PTFE (4)
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite
Cream: Cyril R. Salter Sublime Citrus
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

The Shave: Great DFS+/BBS- shave with no irritation. Micromatic Bullet Tip is a very smooth shaver. I’m enjoying my CRS Sublime Citrus, it works well and has a pleasant scent. Enjoy your day!
Tim

5F1DC66D-DEA1-4F90-A594-95DB71F0B091.jpeg

Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Blue)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (6)
Brush: Spiffo - D'rargo (Manchurian Two-Band SHD-Fan) 24mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Sandalwood (Soft Heart)
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Man From Mayfair (toner)

20CE5B60-BD76-4475-B638-FDF1E0A9B142.jpeg

I’m so blue...I deserve a Treet

Another evening shave tonight. I’m beginning to like late shaving.
These Treet baton handle razors are the only ones that come with a closed bar, clog Pruf type head instead of the usual GEM type closed comb. I really like the way they fit to my face. Always a nice smooth BBS.
The Soft Heart soap laid out the red carpet and the Man from Mayfair added a touch of class.

Last edited:
Thu 15th SE SOTD
Soap Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 12th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash & Balm
Really missed this soap. It was super wonderful!! A very nice and enjoyable scent, cooling sensation, creamily thick and good slick lather...just marvelous!!
Another great shave with the razor paired with the 12th used blade. Super smooth and very comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a glass-like bbs finish. The well-used blade remains efficient. Wonderful aftershaves to capped a thoroughly magnificent shave session.
20210415_091033.jpg

Razor:BLACKLAND Vector SB
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap: Wickham Shamrock Tweed
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

The shave: Traditional WTG/XTG/ATG for a BBS shave. That Wickham 1912 Soap is a serious performer, good scent, beautiful lather, and my skin feels great. The Vector continues to prove how magical @Blackland Razors design and manufacturing tolerances are, just spectacular in every measure.
Enjoy your day and stay motivated!
Tim
D3508E4D-403E-4F1C-BE21-339E5027FD7E.jpeg

April 15th:

OneBlade Genesis / GEM (3rd) - First two passes, but just wasn't cutting it this morning
Rockwell 6S 6R / German Wilkinson Sword (# unknown, lots) - 3rd Pass & Cleanup Pass
Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee / 30mm Synthetic
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Polo Red Intense Balm
Classic Match Red

Seems like lathering using a really slick soap results in subpar shaves with my OneBlade Genesis, at least with the last couple of GEM blades I'm modified. (Blades do sit against the stops and lay flat). If I 'cheat' and use Barbasol, it shaves closer. I'll try going back to an Feather FHS for the next shave with the Genesis.

Top Bottom