What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Sat 10th SE SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather Professional New & 1st Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
My best bayrum scent soap. The lather quality is very good too. Thickly creamy and very slick.
Shave with razor paired with the new Feather Professional blade was quite good. In fact, the initial feel was abit better comparing to the Proline. It was smooth and can feel the blade was crisply sharp but comfortable. Easy 3pass for a mostly bbs finish with a user mistake of nicking my upper lips...hahaha. Hmmm...still not as good feel and efficient as the guarded blades though, ymmv.
Very nice matching aftershaves.
20210409_220623.jpg

20210410_072542.jpg

Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: GEM PTFE (1)
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Soap: Martin de Candre Rose
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave

The shave: WTG/2 ATG face and 2 WTG neck. Very close, comfortable shave. MDC Rose is my favorite soap and paired with the Rocket...explosive lather.
Have a great day.
Tim
36FFF6A8-D33C-4BC0-AA9E-25C85149782B.jpeg

Razor: AutoStrop Valet VC4 Modified for GEM Blade
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE - modified (4)
Brush: FS - 28mm G4 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap - Unscented
Aftershave: Stirling - Grapefruit with Menthol

ED1D04DE-17C9-47AE-96FA-64A08019827F.jpeg

Not like the Valet grandpa used!
This is my VC4 AutoStrop that has been heavily modified to only accept GEM type SE blades. It will no longer accept Valet or Feather blades. Don’t worry, I still have another undebauched VC4.
Although I believe the VC4 to be the mildest shaver of the Valet family, this modified version is now one of the mildest razors I own. For some reason, the modification process narrowed the blade gap. It now seems to shave best held completely flat against my face. You would think that’s way to shallow, but it still gives audible feedback that it’s clearing whiskers. I did find it harder to obtain a BBS though, especially on my soft, pliable neck skin. Much the same problem I always encountered with my EJ DE86.

Besides having to readjust my technique to the modification, the shave went well. I’m nice and smooth with no post shave irritations. My first ever splash of mentholated grapefruit...pretty neat. I’ll definitely use it during the hot summer.

Pay no attention to the Valet AutoStrop cigar cutter...it’s just a prop.

Sun 11th SE SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather Professional 2nd use and somehow much more silky smooth!
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash
Wow-soap!! 1st wow is the intoxicating scent, 2nd wow is the cooling sensation and the last wow is the thickly creamy and slick lather...superb!!!
Shave with razor paired with 2nd use blade was much better than the 1st... silkier smooth and more comfortable. Very enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a mostly BBS result. A very nice & sharp blade this Feather Professional (I realized today a few hours after shaving how sharp it was because I found some micro-cut lines at the jawbone "below the ear' area as a result just putting the blade to my skin from going atg yesterday-no bleeding at all surprisingly).
Very nice cooling aftershaves too. Rating 10/10!
20210410_204906.jpg
20210411_083415.jpg

Razor: BLACKLAND Razors Vector SB
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink
Brush: Vulfix 374 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Stirling Ramblin’ Man
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave

The Shave: WTG and ATG for a DFS. This Vulfix Silvertip Badger is a great little workhorse, whips up great lather, feels nice while still having a face presence, just a fun little brush.
Have a great day.
Tim
90B2B95E-82FB-4698-A09E-39473A5CB796.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, April 11th 2021

Razor: Schick injector E type, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's & 40's, excellent mid range and a joy to work around the face, lightweight and so some minor pressure might be needed at times.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (10) very sharp blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely.
Soap: Speick, scent is a little spicy with excellent lather qualities, I like this hard triple milled soap.
Brush: New Yaqi boar brush- 1st use lathering face, it shed some hairs prior with my break in method and I had a very good lathering with this brush today IMO. Breaking in a NEW Boar brush a little quicker! - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/breaking-in-a-new-boar-brush-a-little-quicker.606032/#post-11211743
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Schick injector E2 type with a Personna injector blade.

Sunday Schick shave, April 11th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Blackland Vector OC
Blade: Feather Professional PB-20 (1st)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Ariana & Evans The Undersea
A/S: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
EDT: YSL Kouros (aka the '80s powerhouse 😎)

Smooth as glass BBS, as the OC gives it that extra bit. Phenomenal!

1618168507329.png

Mon 12th SE SOTD
Soap CBL Cigar Shop Hombre
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Badger
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Stirling Haverford Balm
The soap scent strength is good. The scent is...hmmm...cigarish...tobacco leaf? It was creamy and really slick...nice!
The shave with the razor paired with the stropped blade was very smooth and comfortable. 3passes for a bbs to dfs finish without any issues at all. Enjoyable vintage session and good aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10!
20210411_231040.jpg
20210412_075425.jpg

Razor: BLACKLAND Sabre L1
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)
Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Cream: Godrej Lime Fresh
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

The Shave: WTG and 2 ATG face and 3 WTGneck for a DFS. Still amazed by the smoothness of the Sabre. The Solar Flare worked great with the Godrej cream, thick/slick lather.
Have a great day.
Tim
0F200F0A-FEBC-47AA-9C2E-B905ED9CA0D8.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday,April 12th 2021

Razor: Gem 1912 NOS- Mfg 1921ish, excellent razor, easy to manipulate around face, good results usually. Gem MFG sold millions of variants over the decades because they where just that good IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade charteristic's, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Speick- nice spicy scent, excellent lather qualities + good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi boar brush 24mm- after break in method and losing some hairs on the 1st & 2nd cleaning it is performing very well and happy to have a few brushes for a different change of feel while lathering. A few brushes on the way!
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 with a coated Gem blade.(it does not get much better for a shave today)

GEMonday, April 12th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Top Bottom