What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

I also brought the gap from .011 thousands of a inch to .007" and what a beauty sweet spot that is(midrange).I think the older 1920's blades where not as sharp possibly so they gave more gap?? Changing the gap was not a big deal because the brass is malleable.

Assume you are adjusting the gap by bending the "teeth/comb" up toward the stops/blade and checking with a feeler gauge? Also, saw a thread (can't remember the OP or if it was on B&B or Shave Den) speaking to bending the (I believe) the lever in the back (especially for the B series) to increase the guard travel and minimize the impact of the (reported to be shorter) de-spined GEM PTFEs versus the NOS blades--however the accompanying photos were not available/wouldn't load. Didn't know if you've seen that thread or know about it and or have photos... Been doing too much reading lately.

New Yaqi 1/2 DE blade razor
Very efficient...
IMG-4570.jpg

1907ish Ever Ready Lather Catcher / GEM PTFE (8) / Williams Mug / AV Musk Splash / Nivea Balm -- Williams Wednesday, still haven't broken the code on Williams (much like MWF), but I'll finish out the cake and not sure if I'll replace right away. Did a 3 pass and right afterward I could still feel the effects of blade to skin, but an hour later it's settled down to silky smoothness. I admit that I posted this same write up on the DE side, but I do it to generate a little interest/respect for these exceptionally fine shaving tools.
BD3DCA42-D3E8-406C-AAB4-7AB9EB0AF3BF.jpeg

Oneblade Hybrid with a new blade. I usually go three days on a blade. I could tell the difference as soon as I started today. It was a clean and smooth shave 1.5 passes (neck second pass). I am blending two or three different soaps together in my scuttle; Wool Fat, Mystic Water. and Shannon's Botanics. Interesting smell and creamy lather.

Last edited:
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Paladin El Dorado
Cream: Cyril R. Salter Sublime Citrus
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave

The Shave: WTG and 2 ATG passes for an exceptional close shave. First use of the Cyril R. Salter shaving cream and it works well and I enjoyed the scent. My Paladin continues to impress, the balance of softness, volume, and backbone result in a pampering face lather.
Semper Fi,
Tim
3B0E24D3-4227-44F8-AA0A-5C6E1A14E03D.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB
Blade: Kai ProTouch MG (8)
Brush: Vulfix 374 Silvertip Badger (1st use, small but nice, good lather and face feel)
Cream: Omega
Aftershave: Stirling Bergamot and Lavender

The shave: Inspired by @Tomo and @DaveHStone, I wielded my Vector with, across, and down as my whiskers suffered defeat. Observing my handsome face (looks like it’s time for an optometry appointment) in the mirror and celebrating victory over daily whisker growth. I held aloft my Vector SB (scene from The Highlander) and felt the joy of a battle well won!
Or something like that..
Have a great day!
Tim
75BDCA47-C1CB-4C59-8A28-001F837ADF34.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB
Blade: Kai ProTouch MG (8)
Brush: Vulfix 374 Silvertip Badger (1st use, small but nice, good lather and face feel)
Cream: Omega
Aftershave: Stirling Bergamot and Lavender

The shave: Inspired by @Tomo and @DaveHStone, I wielded my Vector with, across, and down as my whiskers suffered defeat. Observing my handsome face (looks like it’s time for an optometry appointment) in the mirror and celebrating victory over daily whisker growth. I held aloft my Vector SB (scene from The Highlander) and felt the joy of a battle well won!
Or something like that..
Have a great day!
Tim
View attachment 1244950
@GNR challenge accepted! 😁

1617295563492.png

Top Bottom