What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Fri 26th March

Ever Ready 1912-Bathroom Set & Gem S/S [ 2 ]

IMG_1385.jpg

20201210_083153.jpg

Razor: Schick L6 Easy Rider
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Sat 27th SE SOTD
Soap The LASS Topanga Fougere 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC with Pattern Handle
Blade Shick Proline 1st Use - With many thanks to @RenoRichard !!
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Nice pleasant & mild scent from the soap lather. From just a little became a lot of creamy goodness...good slickness too.
Trying a new AC blade send over by a very kind member here. After 3passes, I found the razor and blade combo was not as smooth and comfortable as the Feather ProGuard. The atg pass on the chin and lips area was abit dicey. I will try again but as usual, it's YMMV. The result was between bbs to dfs and 2 micro weepers. Rating 9.5/10
20210327_124908.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave

Razor: Schick adjustable injector Model3-Mfg 1970-72, nice adjustable, well built and good range of aggression levels. Not sure how a person can shave wide open but it's available.
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE(7) very sharp blade, good longevity and smooths out nicely. predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood with mild clove in the soap- nice clean scent, good lather qualities, good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia, tuxedo 24mm knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips + nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood with clove + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + 1 tiny weeper = :a17:excellent shave with my Schick adj M3 injector + a Personna coated injector blade.

Sunday Schick shave, Mar28th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Top Bottom