What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Fri 5th SE SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + The Goodfellas Smile Orange Empire AS
Long ignored soap. One of my fav soap. The nice orangey scent, easy to lather, and beautifully creamy and slick too.
This razor with the blade continues to provide a silky smooth and comfortable shave. Another glass-like BBS result after 3passes. I am amazed at the ease and the efficiency especially at areas (adam apple) where other DE razors just can't reach.
The AS is new and matched perfectly with the soap. Very uplifting for the morning...
Another 10/10 rating for the day! I just can't stop using this AC setup...feels so good!
20210305_090201.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, March 5th 2021

Razor: Kai style shavette- MFG 2018> seems like a great shavette for a zamik head, It is easy to wheel around the face.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded- Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth, makes my shaving a little more care free, excellent results IMO.
Soap: Razorock Amici, nice pleasant mild citrus scent(grapefruit), great lather qualities, good post shave.
Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26 mm, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, best 26 mm synthetic I have, nice scrub & excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area,
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Kai style shavette with a Kai Protouch blade.
SE SOTD, Fri, Mar 5th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Schick L3 The Grip
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20201119_084005.jpg

Sat 6th SE SOTD
Cream/Soap Cella Milano (hardened into a soap-like texture)
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather ProGuard 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Cella Milano AS
Outstanding lather quality! Very rich and creamily slick, the scent is just too light. Wayyyy...too much from just a little...
I am just enjoying the best shaves ever with this AC razor and blade setup. Unbelievably effortless silky smooth, comfortable and efficient for 3passes resulting in another continuous bbs session. Rating 10/10!!
Found myself reluctant to return to DE but AC blades are just too expensive...hahaha 😅😅
20210305_224602.jpg

20210306_104833.jpg

Top Bottom