What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Wed 13th January

A Williams Wed which went very nicely.

Hiram Commander-2dot & Schick Proline [ 2 ]

IMG_1279.jpg

proxy.php

Oneblade v1 / FHS10 (7)
WSO Coconut Lime / Fine Fresh Vetiver

Fine Fresh Vetiver is my favorite AS splash, a subtle scent that stays close to skin for most of the day. I recently received an email announcing that Fresh Vetiver is being discontinued, I ordered 2 while they are still in stock.

If you like the scent of a quality unenhanced vetiver reminiscent of Creed Original Vetiver, but prefer a scent with a subtler projection, consider getting a bottle before they run out!

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, Jan 15th, 2021

Razor: Star bar lather catcher, Model 4-MFG 1919 by the Kampfe brothers Brooklyn NY, one of the best lather catchers I have used.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity that smooths out nicely. Predictable.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandal wood. Very nice sandal wood scent with great lather qualities. Cream form.
Brush : Yaqi Artic sky 24mm knot, excellent lather creator with heavenly like soft tips with back bone for a nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cols water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD, Fri, Jan 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20201029_082855.jpg

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC2 Single Edge razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Sat 16th January

Occams Hiram Commander - 2dot & Schick Proline [ 5 ]
My Second use of this "Hampshire" Wool Fat soap, produced my UK Artisan soap maker. It really is good - not only does it facilitate a Shave but the post shave feel is so good, the skin feeling soft and refreshed.

IMG_1285.jpg

Top Bottom