What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Mon 11th SE SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Lime
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 8th use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman GentsGin
Excellent soap from CC. This lime is the strongest scent among the 4 I have. Nicely creamy and slick lather.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good except for some skipping during the atg pass on the chin and lips area. The main thing is no nicks or weepers. In general, a relatively comfortable 3pass shave for a surprisingly dfs++ result. Excellent aftershaves. Rating 9/10
20210111_093717.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, Jan 11th 2021. Another great razor from American Safety Razor Corp family of shaving products.

Razor: Gem Open Comb 1912- MFG 1912-15- excellent razor and this is the razor that really propelled the company into a legendry umbrella of shaving company's IMO, it is not a aggressive OC razor but in the mid range but more on the smooth side IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) excellent blade, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco- what a nice citrus scent, excellent lather qualities. It will cheer up a person when it is -20C outside IMO .
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm knot- excellent lather creator, heavenly cloud like soft tips with some backbone for folks who like a gentle scrub IMO.
Pre shave: wash whole face with Razorock XXX hand cube soap + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gem OC 1912 + Gem Coated SS blade.

GEMmonday, Jan 11th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20210110_080945.jpg

Razor: Gem Contour
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue, Jan 12th 2021

Razor: Gem Junior Parade with the taper handle :001_wub: -MFG 1943, Excellent mid range razor, one of my favorites.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade, Very sharp, excellent longevity + smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Gillette True cream- nice fragrance with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo 24mm knot with black handle with black marble handle, excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips, good scrub & painter of lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor after shave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Jr Parade with a Gem coated blade.
SOTD-Tue Jan12th 2021.jpg

SOTD, Tue, Jan 12th 2021

Razor: Gem Junior Parade with the taper handle :001_wub: -MFG 1943, Excellent mid range razor, one of my favorites.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade, Very sharp, excellent longevity + smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Gillette True cream- nice fragrance with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo 24mm knot with black handle with black marble handle, excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips, good scrub & painter of lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor after shave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Jr Parade with a Gem coated blade.
View attachment 1207618

On a 3-day growth, I went with a Lucky Tiger Vanishing as a pre-wash, RazoRock Chicago, 3-pass with the the Supply V-1 (Plate No. 3), Vaseline IntensiveCare diluted with WitchHazel, and Clubman Quinine as an aftershave....

Great shave....

Top Bottom