What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD , Fri, Jan 08th 2021

Razor: Everready British streamline 2nd generation model-Mfg 1949-53 Excellent upper mid range razor, beautiful razor & well made.
Blade:Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely with great longevity, also predictable IMO.
Soap: Razorock Santal Marie del Fiore- nice scent with excellent lather qualities, good post shave feel today.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 24 mm knot, "Sagrada Familia" excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips and a nice scrub if wanted.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my ER Streamline with a coated Gem blade.
(it does not get much better)

SOTD,Fri, Jan 08th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20201126_101651.jpg

Razor: Parker Adjustable Injector
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

O.R.E.N. L2 / Feather AC Pro (1) / Proraso White

O-ren Ichii seems more forgiving than the Enoch, not sure if it is the floating blade style or the Pro vs Super etc. Will have to try the Pro in the Enoch next. This was a really nice shave though, she didn’t feel like she wanted to slit my throat LOL

3EB8127D-E2D6-46E5-92E7-48F688927735.jpeg

1AE4665E-E941-466D-94A3-1E8EF0CC28F4.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: Schick Adjustable, Focus R22 Shavette
Blade: Schick 2nd use, Gillette PermaSharp Saloon 1st use
Brush: SOC Taj Boar
Cream: Musgo Real
Result: Cheeks DFS, Neck spotty, 1 nick 4 weepers

My first real outing with the Shavette, did 1 pass WTG and 1 pass ATG on my cheeks and 1 pass ATG on my neck. The Schick did the XTG and cleanup to save the day. I made the lather thinner as I’m used too to make it slicker and it worked pretty well. Changing hands and finding angles is super awkward but this was to be expected. Got only one nick on my cheek so I’m pretty happy.

20200725_074827.jpg

Razor: Schick I1 injector razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Jan 10th 2021- I always like to take this E2 injector razor out of the rack for a nice shave, it was in real rough shape and I was able to fix and modify it back to life(Main spring swings to left for cleaning and manual blade inserting). Excellent mid range if a person likes to try a Schick injector.

Razor: Schick E2 injector Canadian variant-MFG 1930's-40's, one of my favorites and one that will be around always.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE(7) Excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity and smooths out nicely.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco, bright citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra handle 26mm- very nice 26mm knot, one of the softer 26mm knots with heavenly cloud like soft tips with a nice gentle scrub IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Amici aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Schick E2 Canadian variant injector + a Personna injector blade.

Sunday Schick shave Jan 10th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Top Bottom