What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor: Schick L1 Injector Razor
Blade: Ted Pella/Personna injector blade
Brush: Proraso pro boar brush
Pre-shave: Proraso green pre-shave cream 15 ml travel size
Soap: Proraso white shaving soap bowl
Aftershave: Proraso green pre-shave cream and Nivea Men sensetive aftershave balm

Woke up today on Christmas to find out that there was no tv signals since last night. But before having to go up on the roof and adjust the satellite dish I figured I'd do my morning shave. The shave itself was fantastic and it felt good to get back to shaving again properly. After trying to grow a beard for a few months, where only did some line up stuff. As well as using a ProGlide Styler. Can't get enough of my single edge razors.

And as an added bonus to this I only had to adjust a screw on the arm that holds the satellite dish in the correct posission. So all in all a great morning. Despite the horror of perhaps not having any TV for when company comes over in the evening.

Merry Christmas.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Dec 24th 2020
Razor: TNNSER 3 D printed razor a @twhite creation: Excellent light weight mid range, nice change up for my shaving routine.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) excellent very sharp blade, good longevity , smooths out nicely & Predictable.
Soap: Razorock , The Dead Sea - great scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm knot- excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud like soft tips also a good gentle scrubber .
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG +pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The dead sea after shave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my TNNSER 3 D printed razor with a coated SS Gem blade.
SE SOTD Thur, Dec24th 2020.jpg
Tom White 3D Printed razor TNNSER.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

AutoStrop vintage blade shave

331290EE-CCDC-4B5B-91E1-C115AB1D34BD.jpeg

Stropped before ~10 laps, after ~5 laps
Model C / VC1
Blade 'as found', second use
Face prep with Col Conk Lime in a stick, lather/wash x3
Face lather with RazoRock Lime puck
Brushes: Durobuilt SHD badger re-knot (soaps) and Simpson Best Duke 3 (adding water)
After: alum, Richard's Rub (Osage Rub + Dickinson's witch hazel), FlorilDrops (M&L Florida Water + Gabels Drops of Lime)

This second time out the blade felt very smooth, to the point that I worried it was getting dull. But it cut well, though perhaps not as well as yesterday's shave 1. I call it a very comfortable CCS.

The 'aftercare' was calculated to burn strongly if the shave was rough. Very little sting or burn.

I am surprised/impressed with these vintage AutoStrop blade shaves. They are not just a novelty. This VC1 AutoStrop razor is also much lighter than my first AutoStrop, a VB1 with the heavy 'hexagonal' silver-plated handle. "Light is Right"

Today's razor courtesy of the free press.
8CCA32EE-6531-449C-ABD3-BBA8FC0AF8D5.jpeg

20201224_081722.jpg

Merry Christmas to all!!

Razor: Schick J3 Golden 500 Ivory
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Christmas Eve 2020
20201224_165131~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector OC
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Clubman Osage Rub
Fragrance: Original Stetson

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Outstanding shave! :)

Merry Christmas!
67778-full_large-nativity-at-night-religious-christmas-background-motion.png

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Friday December 25, 2020
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: PTFE (4)
Brush: SOC
Soap: Proraso Green

IMG_0463[1].JPG

Using the same razor for several days in a row means I don't have to spend time every day on "set dressing" to have a current pic to post. But it may be boring to some. My apologies.

Changed up to the L2 plate for shaves 4-6. This morning's shave was a little less ultimate than Wednesday's but that's expected. Still a very good shave.

O.H.

Ron R

SOTD, Dec 25th 2020, Merry Christmas and a better new year than 2020 hopefully.

Razor : AC Shavette clone, thought I would give a shave with this razor with new blades, blades make a big difference with no drama.
Razor backup: Razorock Game changer .84 with a Kai SS Blade.(Did not need to use this backup)
Blade: Kai AC Protouch guard- Did not feel threatened because of the guard on the blade and was able to concentrate on the shave. 1st real shave with a AC Shavette and did reasonably well and was happy with results(did some mock shaves with a blade turned backwards with sharp edge turned into the holder until my new Kai Protouch blades arrived yesterday). Not as close as a shave with other safety razor shaves but will take it. It is a nice change up in my routine. Interesting shaving system IMO. Chin area is hard to dial in so far.
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea"- I enjoy this hard to explain scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi rainbow 26mm brown whiskers, excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips with a nice scrub if wanted.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass on 2 + pickups.WTG + ATG + pickups.(sort of all over my face trying to learn how to use My AC Shavette)
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea A.S with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + a few barely weepers that closed up at end of shave= :thumbup: great 1st real shave with my AC Kai captain clone Shavette with Kai protouch guarded blades.(nice blade to learn with IMO).

SE SOTD, Christmas day shave 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Ron R

SOTD, Sat, Dec 26th 2020, Boxing day starts and some folks go a little crazy on sale hunting who have the means.

Razor : AC Kai type shavette clone - seems like a well built shavette AC clone, not as good as stainless for lasting, But will not break the bank to see if using a shavette is a nice shaving experience.
Blade: Kai Protouch guard AC (2) A very nice blade to learn with IMO, very smooth and a little more care free shave using these blades.
Soap: Speick stick- nice mild scent with a some spices and great lather qualities for the first time using.
Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra 26 mm knot, excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips and a nice gentle scrubber if that's what fellow wants.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups. (getting use to this new way of shaving)
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,bBS + no irritation + 2 small blemish weepers = :a17: Great shave with this Kai style AC shavette with a Kai protouch guard blade.

SOTD, DEC 26th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & thinks safe in these times!

Last edited:
>OneBlade - the basic one, new kid on the block
>Feather FHS (1) - first shave ever with this type Feather
>bowl load/face lather with vintage Old Spice soap/Semogue 1470 boar
>alum, Osage Rub/witch hazel toner mix, Stirling Deton-8 AS

4AFBC42E-2608-4A1E-AA96-2790E200321F.jpeg

DFS. A fun first shave with this razor/blade. I will need practice to hit my lines detailing around the beard edges. The blade will visit my punch/post Valet razors as well.

The LOTH nixed future applications of the Deton-8 splash. No big loss there.

Top Bottom