What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Fri 21st August.

Occams Hiram Commander/ Plate 2 & Kai Captain Titan Mild/Pink [ 7 ]

This Razor gets better as I get used to the change of plate. Trying it with other blades is a must.

IMG_0977.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri Aug 21st 2020

Razor: Schick golden 500 injector hydro magic- Mfg 1957-64 longest handle(5 3/8") in my razor rotation.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector.- Very sharp blade, light touch will give stellar results.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco- very nice citrus scent and it has great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic- have used this brush since wet shaving creates excellent lather,good scrub,soft tips.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS +no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my Schick golden 500 injector razor.
SE SOTD. Fri Aug 21st 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves!Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Schick L5 Classic by International Silver
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200820_075428.jpg

Razor: Schick O Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200822_094911.jpg

8/23/20
💈SOTD💈
Razor: Gem Junior Bar Lather Catcher
Blade: NOS Gem stropping blade (1)
Brush: Rubberset 200-2 two band Badger knot
Lather: WSP Formula T Bay Rum
Astringent: Osma Alum block
Aftershave Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn.
I just had the most amazing shave I've ever had using a safety razor. The WSP Formula T Bay Rum soap preformed flawlessly as usual but the star of the show was the Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher with the NOS Gem stropping blade. It gave an amazing performance. The six days of stubble was removed effortlessly. I'm BBS clean and refreshed. It's hard to believe that a 100+ year old razor and a blade the I have no idea how old it is can give me a shave like this but the crap they sell today just dont cut it.😆. That's technology for ya. Old School Wet Shaving it's the only way to go.
20200823_124521.jpg
20200823_114647.jpg

Top Bottom