What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor: Black Aluminum General head, Timeless Al Handle
Blade: Kai Pro Touch (1)
Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Bloom Water, Crown Pre Shave
Soap: Stirling Sheep
Brush: Simpson’s Petrol Head
Post Shave: Alum Stick, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood AS

Excellent Two Pass BBS shave

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Friday August 7, 2020
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: PTFE (3)
Soap: Proraso Green

IMG_0403[1].JPG

This is getting a little silly; I'm running out of superlatives. :001_wub: I'm going to have to shake up my rotation a little so I have something to complain about.

If you've followed my scribbles for a while, you know that Shave 3 on a Gem blade is my absolute favourite shave of all time. I just love the way they shave after once on each side of the blade. Shave 4's pretty good too but there is a just-noticeable difference.

So this morning I wandered into the Shave Cave with a good cup of coffee and spent an absolutely idyllic 45 minutes just totally grooving on the shave. This one is beyond BBS. As I write it's 12 hours later and it feels like I just finished a pretty good DFS. Nothing but shave; no irritation, no nicks, no weepers.

O.H.

Sat 8th August

Alu. General / Windrose S/S handle & Schick Proline [ 6 ]

From the off I have never liked the Stock handle that the Razor came with. I have experimented with a number of S/S Handles and think this is the one. I had what I regard as one of the best ever with this Razor , a bit of a face Stroker. Strange when now is thinking of dropping a Razor it reprieves itself.

IMG_0945.jpg

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb, with the two bumps on the baseplate
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (3)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Cella, red tub

This was the first use of my new-to-me MMOC. Tonight's shave on two and a half days of stubble. Surprisingly easy BBS with WTG/XTG/ATG passes - no harshness, burning, or tugging, and very little blade feel or audible feedback; the blade just quietly mowed down the whiskers. I did get one small nick under the lower lip.

I am half thinking that I did something wrong to have such an easy time of it on the first go with this razor. I was expecting razor burn and a bloodbath based on some reports of others, but it felt similar to my MM Bullet Tip Guiding Eye razor and felt much smoother than a 1912-style GEM head.

Sun 9th August

Alu. General/Windrose handle & Feather Pro [ 5 ]

Am now getting rather worried as recent Shaves have been so good that i must be heading for a fall. Got the right brush for dealing with the Small puck of Haslinger soap. Such a great lather rather a shame they don't do a 100+g size.

IMG_0946.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday PAL Shave, Aug 9th,2020

Pal injecto-matic instructions (2).jpg
Pal injecto-matic instructions 2 (2).jpg
PAL injecto-matic instructions 3 (2).jpg

I always enjoy the brochure's they send in some of the old razors, the artists made it very clear without Photo's how to use them and in great detail yet simplistic IMO.

Razor: PAL injecto-matic - Mfg 1952>? Great injector razor with a light touch gives a great shave. Million dollar razor?
Blade:
Personna injector- Very sharp and smooths out over time, great longevity & good cost per shave if it matters.
Soap: Taylor of old Bond street Sandal wood- great scent and good lather qualities. One of my favorite scents in soaps.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic with black marble handle- excellent lather generator, nice soft cloud feel tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a clear dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my PAL injecto-matic razor.

PAL Sunday Shave, Aug 9th,2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay safe in these times!

Razor: Ever-ready 1914
Brush: Proraso pro boar brush
Pre-shave: Proraso green pre-shave cream
Soap: Proraso red shaving soap bowl
Aftershave: Proraso green pre-shave cream and Nivea Men sensetive aftershave balm

Hello from Istanbul, Turkiye.

Vector, polished. Very smooth but very effective with Feather Professional Super.

MdC, no need to write anything, but I say soaps can be categorized by 2: MdC and others[emoji108].

Brush handle hand made by a friend from Padouk Tree, badger knot.

Greetings to all...
proxy.php

SM-G965F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

🦈 🦈 SHARK WEEK 🦈 🦈

Razor1: Gillette Trac II TwinJector Razor
Blade1: Schick Injector
Razor2: Gillette 1952 Black Tip Super Speed
Blade2: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200808_075750.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Sunday Shave 20200809
Razor: Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (6)
Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (8)
shave 20200809_091209.jpg

WTG & ATG: Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight
XTG & Touch-up: @Blackland Razors Vector

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Went for the gusto today and did the WTG and ATG passes with the Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight. Smooth and comfortable - no blood-letting. Could have stopped there and been acceptable - somewhere in the CCS+ neighborhood. The beautiful @Blackland Razors Vector brought things up to DFS++ with an XTG pass and minor touch-up. :thumbup:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Aug 10th 2020, Good morning to all this Sunny refreshing day.

Razor: Gem Micromatic clog Pruf, Peerless model,17 nib safety bar - Mfg 1945, excellent mid range razor.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) Excellent blade,Very sharp & smooths out over its life span.
Soap: Taylor of old Bond street Sandal wood- One of my favorite scents:001_wub: & has good lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 black synthetic whiskers- Close to a natural boar with soft tips IMO.
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf.

MMMonday, Aug 10th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves!Stay safe in these times!

Last edited:
Top Bottom