What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
60.JPG

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Razor: Ever-ready 1914 (...) My first shave ever with a GEM type razor.

Lovely, lovely razors, those Little Lather Catcher ER1914s. The design just comes together and gives a closer, smoother shave than the general run of 1912 Gems -- although only slightly so. Although mine's happier if I do a 3-pass shave with it (as I find most razors of that vintage are), it's efficient enough particularly with a new Gem PTFE blade that a 2-pass shave is attainable without too much trepidation.

Just unusual enough to make a nice change in your rotation occasionally, even to be a long-term user if you're really liking it. Even if you just use it once a year it's probably worth it. You can't be out much money on it, so your Smiles-Per-Dollar rate ought to be pretty high!

O.H.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Wed, July 29th 2020

Razor: Valet auto strop C1 Canadian variat- Mfg 1920's with modified gab, originally was .011 changed to .007 thousands of a inch, much smoother a shave with this great old relic.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9)- Great blade and my favorite because it can also be used in these great old razors.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco- very nice strong citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi rainbow brown whiskers,26 mm synthetic- excellent brush with reasonable backbone and soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my Valet Auto-strop C1 variant.
SE SOTD, Wed. july 29th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
'The Veg Day Wednesday' Shave 20200729
Razor: Colonial General v2 :001_wub: (Timeless TRH6 Ti Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline (4)
20200729_071308~2.jpg

The Colonial General v2/Schick Proline combination is as smooth and effective as it gets. I mean smooooooth. Comfortable, close, efficient. Really like the combination. 👍

Great Wednesday shave! :)

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Wednesday July 29, 2020
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: Gem PTFE (6)
Soap: OH Puck!

IMG_0402[1].JPG

Looking back, it's been a while since I posted six head shaves on a Gem blade. I have gotten as high as 10, if I remember correctly, but that was really a couple more than the blade could deliver in the razor I was using.

Like everything else about this razor, I'm having to rethink things. Of course I'm going to do this process all over again with the L2 plate unless it's so awful that I can't use it. Yeah...right. Of course I can't just pull out one factor and say, "Oh, that's it" so I'll just say (again) that I'm really enjoying the shaves I'm getting.

O.H.

Razor: Schick O Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Haslinger Shafmilch
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200729_082305.jpg

Top Bottom