What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Wed 22nd July

Rabbit V1 & Schick Proline [ 1 ]
A super Shave, a winning Razor/Blade combination for me.

IMG_0902.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD. WED,July 22 2020

Razor: Tom White TNNSER 3D printed- MFG 2019> Nice Mid range light razor. Technique with a little pressure works.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) Excellent blade :001_wub:
Soap: Razorock XXX- Just a good soap for a fresh scent and lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic- great brush with some back bone & makes good lather with soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ Shower.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX aftershave with witch hazel.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:excellent shave with Tom White TNNSER 3D printed creative razor!
SE SOTD, Wed, July 22 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Flying Wing Wednesday! GEM Flying Wing/Bullet Tip / CVS Blade (2) / Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic / OS Splash -- first shave with this razor and it was a smooth, no-nicks/irritation two pass shave -- my 2nd time using Margaritas in the Arctic (used last with Proraso Green Pre, which hid the true menthol kick of the soap); no pre shave today, and after the second pass I was actually a bit chilled. With the highs near 100 and heat index over 110 degrees today, I'll be reaching for it again on Friday and maybe all summer long.
MM Bullet Tip.jpg

July 22, 2020
  • Brush: Morris and Fondran 3XL
  • Razor: GEM Featherweight
  • Blade: GEM PTFE (6)
  • Lather: Australian Private Reserve/Southern Witchcrafts - Gravefruit - Soap (Vegan)
  • Post Shave: Barrister and Mann - Fougère Angelique - Aftershave

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
'The Veg' Wednesday Shave 20200722
20200722_145040~2.jpg

Razor: Jones Shake Sharp v2
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2)
Brush: TurnNShave (TNS 25mm Quartermoon Knot)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

WTG, ATG & XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Shake Sharp is a fine razor! 👍

Love 'The Veg'. :001_wub:

Wonderful shave! :)

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Wednesday July 22, 2020
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: Personna Gem Stainless PTFE Coated (3)
Soap: OH Puck!

IMG_0401[1].JPG

At first I started gettin' all cranky because it didn't feel like things were going right. When I stopped to think about it, however, I noticed that even though the shave wasn't "stellar-for-the-Sabre" it was still better than the best I've gotten out of some other razors. Getting into the higher end razors also changed my perspective on "good."

So it wasn't all that bad. A little stubble poking up after nine hours, and just a tad of irritation in that one spot. The irritation, however is due to there being a specific spot on a piece of furniture that I keep hitting my head on. Now that I've done it a few times I know exactly where it is so I can get out a tool and deal with it.

I've had a series of nicks and divots in that one spot, which by bad luck is also my "swirl" where things get irritated.

Another good shave, somewhere north of "OKFW" and south of "DFS." But it'll do 'til Friday.

O.H.

July 23, 2020
  • Brush: Morris & Fondran 3XL Blonde Badger
  • Razor: Ever-Ready 1924 Shovelhead
  • Blade: GEM PTFE (1)
  • Lather: Barrister and Mann - Bay Rum - Soap
  • Post Shave: Declaration Grooming - Nightman - Aftershave

Razor: Aluminum General
Blade: Kai Pro Touch (2)
Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Bloom Water, Crown Pre Shave
Soap: B&M Reserve Classic
Brush: Simpson's Trafalgar T3
Post Shave: Alum Stick, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood AS

First shave with the General and was very impressed. Smooth and efficient resulting in a BBS shave in two passes. Probably could do one pass and be satisfied.

58E83221-D5CA-4633-8CBD-F38B0139D9ED_1_105_c.jpeg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Friday July 24, 2020
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: Personna Gem Stainless PTFE Coated (4)
Soap: Old Hippie's Puck!

IMG_0401[1].JPG

I'm still not sure what was weird on Wednesday. Maybe that should be one of our regular shave challenges: Weird Wednesday. I can just imagine...

It was doubly weird for me because I always look forward to Shaves 3 & 4 on a Gem blade, and I felt a little robbed. But today the stars lined up in a more congenial fashion and I had a lovely shave.

The L1 plate gives me a fairly mild and quite close shave. It's a bit seductive, but sometimes a little seduction is a good thing. I was noticing how smoothly it shaves when going back to clean up a few spots. I'll be interested to compare the L2 plate with the next blade I put in.

O.H.

Top Bottom