What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

IMG_20200329_084551.jpg

GEM DAMASKEENE + GEM stainless(12)/Saponificio VARESINO Manná/VIE-LONG Synthetic+Brito
today the froth overdried in the scattle; there were red dots due to poor gliding, but the razor and the blade shave softer and cleaner each time.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Shave, March 29th 2020

Razor : Pal injecto-matic - Mfg 1952> interesting razor & not overly aggressive IMO.
Blade : Schick injector (7)
Soap : Razorock Don Marco
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm - nice brush with the tuxedo knot.
Pre shave : Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area!
Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
Post shave : FINE fresh Vetiver :001_wub: with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,CCS + alum indicated some irritation + no weepers = :001_smile a good shave!

Sunday shave March 29th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday Shave, March 29th 2020

Razor : Pal injecto-matic - Mfg 1952> interesting razor & not overly aggressive IMO.
Blade : Schick injector (7)
Soap : Razorock Don Marco
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm - nice brush with the tuxedo knot.
Pre shave : Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area!
Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
Post shave : FINE fresh Vetiver :001_wub: with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,CCS + alum indicated some irritation + no weepers = :001_smile a good shave!

Have some great shaves!

Where did you get the Vetiver? Brand etc. and what is the ratio that you are using? How do you like it?
The reason I ask is that I will soon be out of my last mixture of witch hazel goodness and will need to make up a new batch. I looked up what it does and I like the things it does but wondering about the scent too.

Ron R

Where did you get the Vetiver? Brand etc. and what is the ratio that you are using? How do you like it?
The reason I ask is that I will soon be out of my last mixture of witch hazel goodness and will need to make up a new batch. I looked up what it does and I like the things it does but wondering about the scent too.
I really enjoy this scent that FINE put together, I think I bought it from Italian Barber but all the shaving vendors stock FINE. I like a ratio of 4:1 seems to work well for me!

Razor: Schick I2 Hydro-Magic Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Omega 80265 boar
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200328_101643.jpg

Sundays Shave
proxy.php

Razor: ASR 1907
Blade: Gem CS (1)
Brush: JR157
Soap: Tabac
AS: British Sterling

I have this beautiful razor on loan from @BBS Wow this is the mildest SE I have ever tried. I am a blade feel type of shaver. My first pass I lathered normally. I found I had to rinse after every stroke to be able to feel the blade.

First pass reduction was what I would expect with a mild razor. So for my second pass. I did a really light Lather. This helped some. Maybe every other stroke I needed to rinse. I need to feel that blade. After the second pass I realized I will need a 4 pass shave to get. A DFS or better shave.

I decided for the final 2 passes ATG I would only use what Lather was left on my face and just moisten it. This proved to be the ticket. I could feel the blade. I might add it is probably the narrowest window I have encountered. Just a bit more concentration required.

Finished off a 4 pass shave with a DFS shave. Obviously no irritation at all.

If you are truly into mild SE razors. I would say that this is your razor. For me I much prefer much more efficient razors. I love being able to feel that blade work.

Have a safe and happy week my friends.
Tom

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday Shave 20200329

Continuing my 2020 Resolution to stop chasing BBS!

shaving 20200329.jpg

Prep: Splashed water on face
Pre-shave: Cremo
Brush: OMEGA 011842 Jade Premium Pure Bristle
Soap: Tabac
Bowl: n/a (face lathered)
Razor: Schick Eversharp Type G8
Blade: Schick (NOS) (2)
Post-shave: Dickinson's Hydrating Skin Toner
Aftershave Balm: Bath & Bodyworks Hyaluronic Acid Gel
Aftershave: Tabac
Cologne: Tabac

WTG, ATG & XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ (BBS except for between my nose and upper lip) with zero weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation. Outstanding shave!

The Omega Jade is my favorite boar brush and is definitely in my top group of favored brushes.

Great combination of hardware and software. :)

YMMV

Ron R

GEMonday Mar 30th 2020, Good morning all. I had to take my Gem jr bar out of the rack for a great shave. The performance of the razor is to my liking for the simple reason it gives me a great shave. I very rarely get cuts with no irritation and no weepers as a rule of thumb and my skin enjoys the results. What is there not to like!

Razor : Gem junior bar - MFG 1907- excellent razor for a daily driver.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (10)
Soap: Taylor of old bond street Sandal wood. One of my favorite scented soaps.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic with black marble handle. Excellent brush!
Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Prorazo red Sandal wood with witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Great shave today!

MMMonday March 30th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom