What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

RR Hawk V2 on a Stork Titanium Handle (Wolfman Replica) / Feather Super (1)
RR HAWK on Stork : Feather SUPER.jpg
Mudder Focker : Hawk:Feather Super:Kent.jpg

Last edited:
GEM Clog Pruf / GEM PTFE (3)

This shave wasn't perfect, but smoother than the last. Focused on keeping the Clog Pruf's cap as close to my skin as possible.

Only had a few weepers on my neck. Still alum sting, but not as bad as last time.

@brandaves - haven't shaved with a 1912 yet as the only SE I have is the Clog Pruf. I am going to take yours and others advice and stick with the Clog Pruf to make slow, steady progress.

Common problem with SE razors and blades when first starting is applying too much pressure on the razor when pressing it on the face. Besides the angle being different from DE razors you need a lighter touch with SE blades than when using DE blades. It is a common mistake most people make when transitioning from DE to SE same as going from carts to DE. The Clog Pruff is one of the milder SE razors out there so if you are having issues it most likely a technique, not being used to how SE blades feel on the skin sort of thing. Both of them improve with practice.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD Nov 7th, I'm still having a little fun with my Stick Schick with a twin blade II in it and it keeps on going and going..... with reasonable care free shaves.

Razor: Stick Schick injector -MFG 1973
Blade : Schick twin II (25)
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24 mm+
Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave: Dickinson's 100% witch Hazel
Post shave: Razorock King Louis with witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :biggrin1:

SOTD Nov 7-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick M3 Adjustable
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Ever-Ready 250 Pure Badger Cased
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Noble Otter Two Kings
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

I am loving this razor. I think I may have found a favorite!

20191106_183004.jpg

OneBlade Hybrid / New Feather FHS-10
Caties Bubbles - Irish Coffee
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Old Spice AS - Home-brew
Soap Commander Classic Spice lotion/balm

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0017 - Edited.jpg

Friday 11.08.19 SOTD
I Provenzali Olive Oil Artisan Bar Soap
Pal InjectoMatic Injector Razor
Pal Hollow Ground Injector Razor Blade (1)
Yaqi Barber Pole Handle 24mm 2-Band Badger
Arko Shaving Soap puck
Old Spice Cologne Original

DSCF0019 - Edited.jpg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
SOTD
11/08/2019

Razor: Schick Injector Type G
Brush: Deadpool Whipped Dog 30mm Badger
Pre-Shave: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap
Lather: RazoRock Irish Countryside
Aftershave: Avon Blend 7
Additional Care: Thayer's Witch Hazel

20191108_090245.jpg

OneBlade Hybrid / Feather (2nd)
Tabac Soap - RR 26mm Monster
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Tabac AS Splash
Tabac Balm

Guess it was a Tabac morning, which seemed appropriate with the weather suddenly turning colder. - Tabac is a scent I associate with cooler/colder weather, but don't know why.

Sorry, no pics, as I rarely remember to set things up for a picture afterwards. It's back into respective areas until the next morning.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD-Nov 8-2019, Reviving this old Enders speed razor. Some of the fellows have been experimenting with using a injector blade with the old Enders blade (Obsolete) manully adjusting the injector blade with support of the old Enders blade acting as a support spring. Some have just used a injector blade with a Old Enders blade as a carrier with JB weld risers and that is my path I chose(Jararuh's idea). 1st shave with it was as expected until I have a few more shaves the Enders razor shows some good potential to revive this 1930's razor back from storage because of lack of sharp modern blades. The easy to manipulate Ender razor is a light weight and is a challenge to figure out the obsolete blade remedy.

Razor: Enders speed razor -MFG 1930's>
Blade: Schick pro line B-20 injector with a Enders blade as a spring Carrier support.
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock Emperor AS with Witch Hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated some irritation+ no weepers= :wink2:

Enders SOTD (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Razor: Schick M3 Adjustable
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Neutrogena Shave Cream
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt and Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

GEM Clog Pruf / GEM PTFE (4)

Best shave so far. Least number of weepers that stopped with cold water. Some alum sting but again less, especially on my neck. This time I focused on blade angle AND a very, very light touch. Overall, went great!

Top Bottom