What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD
Razor : Schick injector J1- MFG 1957-64
Blade : Schick platinum blade (1) old stock
Soap : Razorock XXX
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Preshave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + dab of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave : Dickenson's witch hazel splash
Post shave: Nivea balm + Razorock XXX
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + aftershave indicated not much for irritation + no weepers = :biggrin1:
October 17-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Just testing my lot of 3 Schick razors that I Recently purchased and they work just as good as the day they were bought and really enjoy the Schick theme series of L type razors they promoted. The yellow one is the"Easy Rider" starring Peter Fonda and side kick Billy(Dennis Hopper)(1969 movie) who were freedom hippies travelling the USA on motorcycles and Billys was the yellow and red trim bike & Fonda's was decked with the American flag on his tank with Fonda's leather jacket USA flag on his back. I remember watching that movie a few times and they some how encapsulated the hippie era times well.

Razor: Schick injector L type "Easy Rider"Movie promotional razor -MFG 1969
Blade : Schick Platinum (1) old stock
Soap : Razorock XXX
Brush: Yaki tuxedo knot 24 mm+
Preshave : Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap
Post shave: Witch hazel splash for skin care cleaning
Post shave : Nivea balm + Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + aftershave indicated minor irritation + no weepers= :001_smile

Oct 18 2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Preshave: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap
Soap: Stirling Autumn Glory
Brush: Stirling Boar
Razor: Gem Damaskeene 1912
Blade: Gem Personna PTFE (3)
After shave: Aqua Velva Musk
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ron R

OCtober 19th- I have been eyeing up my Valet auto strop Canadian C1 model for my SOTD & it can be a little rough for some of us and I decided a month or so ago to correct the gap for today's blades and it works excellent. I brought it in closer, the orginal blade gap was .011 thousands & now adjusted to .007 thousands of a inch and it still shaves very close but much more smoother if you like to know for Valet auto-strop razor owners.
When they manufactured these iconic razors they used a malleable brass for the open comb and mine are easy to bend them upwards gently with taped needle nose pliers(basically a adjustable razor to owners comfort level and not some average generic gap the factory produced.)

Razor: Valet auto strop Canadian C1,modified blade gap from .011 to .007 thousands of a inch- Mfg 1920's
Blade :GEM SS PTFE de-spined with corners trimmed to fit their unique propitiatory clamping system(3rd blade use)
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Yaki tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse followed by some Dickenson's witch hazel
Post shave: Nivea sensitive balm + Razorock King Louis Lavender
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + Alum indicated minor irritation + 1 minor weeper= :001_smile :a17: very good close shave from my C1 Valet auto-strop.

OCtober 19-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

OneBlade Core, FHS-10 blade, L'Occitane Cade, and RazoRock synthetic brush. Pretty good shave, but I'm not sure I'm down with the blade, as it was tugging before the third pass was complete. I may need more practice before I give up on this razor.

Ron R

I should almost start calling it Schick Sunday for myself, I like my Schick, GEM ..... razors and they usually deliver a nice shave when technique is good with a sharp blade. Schick made a lot of interesting (L type)theme razors also and I really enjoy that part of their history of injector razors.

Razor : Schick Canadian E2 injector- MFG 1930's
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (4)
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Yaki Cashmere knot 24 mm
Pre shave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + dab Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave: Dickinson's witch hazel
Post shave : Nivea balm + Fine fresh Vetiver AS with witch hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + aftershave indicated minor irritation + 2 tiny blemish weepers= :001_smile

Sunday shave Oct 20-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom