What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEM  Junior bar 1907 (2).jpg
Razor: Gem Junior bar - Mfg 1907>
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1)
Soap : Razorock The Dead Sea
Brush: Yaki Cashmere knot 24mm
Preshave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + A Dab of Aloe Vera gel on beard area only.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + Nivea kool kick balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + alum indicated minor irritation + no weepers= :001_smile

Saturday OCtober 12

Continuing my shaves through Europe, today I'm using a surprise combination, for myself anyway. It's a L'Essor lather catcher/hoe razor with a GEM SS SE blade. I can't take credit for this idea and I'm sure it's not really original. I saw someone (I don't remember who) post on one of the forums that he combined a DE blade like this with a very similar LeCoq razor so I decided to try it and am I glad I did. Like most lather catchers, this razor takes wedge blades but all of mine are not shave ready and this razor has an adjustment method that allows for the secure use of a GEM type SE blade.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - Le Pere Lucien Savon du Barbier (France)
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Manchurian Badger (Isle of Man)
Blade - GEM SS SE (2)
Razor - L'Essor (France)
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Baum.BE A/S balm

Shave rating 5 of 5

I did a 2 pass shave today, first pass was WTG and was DFS. The razor and blade combo was VERY smooth and I felt as if I couldn't put the razor in a position where the blade would cut me. No blade feel and very smooth. Second pass was XTG everywhere but on my neck area and I received a BBS shave. The Le Pere lathered very well and lubricated very well. I had no weepers and the alum was quiet except at my neck area. The Baum.BE was the best choice to satisfy my skin.

Overall, a great shave. I'd prefer using my wedge blades with this and similar razors but this is a good alternative. Have a few more French and English razors that will be the razors for my next few shaves this weekend and next week.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
5981B474-4132-40D0-AE19-398D767B7C7E.jpeg
919474AA-5485-4971-B5F6-0A3C2D0FFA18.jpeg

Last edited:

Ron R

Today for my Sunday shave I decided to try out my recently acquired Schick adjustable injector Model 3(M3) and I really enjoy this Schick injector for it's build quality and gives one of the nicest shaves because you can adjust it to your level of comfort & closeness.

Razor : Schick Adjustable injector M3 - Mfg 1970-72
Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE (3)
Soap : Haslinger Schafmilch
Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave: Brushwash the face with CeraVe hand soap + Dab of Aloe Vera gel on beard area only.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated not much for irritation + no weepers= :biggrin1:

Sunday shave october10-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shake Sharp mk1.0/twin Derby Ustra. Even with two mild Derby blades the Shake Sharp shames the rest. GD Fortis. Happy Sunday.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ron R

MMMonday OCtober14th should of used a daily double for the occasion but forgot, today I'm using one of A.S.R family members the Star bar lather catcher razor(No4) gives a very decent shave and easy handling two valued characteristics of any razor.

Razor : Star Bar(Kampfe Brothers)brand-MFG 1920-21 kind of a rarity.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (2)
Soap : Haslinger Schafmilch
Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand soap + Clear Aloe Vera gel Dab on the beard area.
Post shave : Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock American barber aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea Sensitive balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + alum indicated some irritation + no weepers = :001_smile

MMMonday Oct 14-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Preshave: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap
Soap: WSP/Formula T/Ol' Kentucky
Brush: Whipped Dog Synthetic in C-40 Ever-Ready handle
Razor: Schick
Blade: Schick Injector (1)
After Shave: Clubman​

SOTD 10.15.19.jpg

Ron R

When I saw this razor lot with the Promotional Montreal Olympics Schick injector it brought back a happier time when Father and the boys & girls at the Ford dealership were buying lottery tickets in big #'s as a group, the Lottery was to pay down the cost of the Olympics.(First large lottery in North America) Dad was jotting down #'s on live TV(big event) and when the #'s were finished being finished out of the air tumbler he thought he had won and my thought's were easy street here we come. He later admitted with a red face in front of the neighbors that they were his #s he was writing down and we were back to struggling in life again in a instant.:lol: :a21:

Razor : Schick champion injector L type for the 1976 Montreal Olympics promotion sponsor for Schick injectors.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (1) -great blade in the L type
Soap : Proraso Red Sandal wood
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Preshave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dab of Aloe Vera gel afterwards
Post shave: witch hazel splash
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS +aftershave indicated no irritation + no weepers = :biggrin1:

Wednesday Oct11-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom