What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Thur 10th Oct.

Personna Super S/S Injector & Personna Blade [ 1 ]

IMG_0156.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razor : Gem Micromatic flying wing-MFG 1947-50, AKA- MMBT ,Micro matic guiding eye.....
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9)
Soap : Razorock "the Dead Sea"
Brush: Yaki tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Aloe Vera gel beard area only
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicated minor irritation + no weepers = :biggrin1:

Thursday shave (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 11th and today is my Micromatic bumpless open comb base plate, this model was made when Gem did not have the double edge blade yet introduced to compete with Gillette and other razor manufacturing. The model was meant for the thick blade spine(85yrs ago) but it works just as well with the modern Gem version we use today.

Razor: Gem Micromatic open comb(MMOC) bumpless base plate model-MFG 1930-32 usually brass only.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (10)
Soap: Razorock "The dead Sea"
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Preshave: Brush wash face with CeraVe bar soap + Small dab of Aoe Vera clear gel beard area only.
Post shave: Alum block with cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock "The dead Sea" aftershave with witch hazel.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated no irritation + no weepers= :biggrin1:

OCtober 11-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Well, no. But it seemed appropriate because I do use that razor the most. The shave is great.

I'm cool with that. "Security-Razor-Knife" is a pretty good name, too.

Well, "Certainty-Razor-Knife" I guess in the literal translation. Certainty, security or safety -- all more or less cognate meanings.

It really looks like one I'd like to try.

O.H.

I'm cool with that. "Security-Razor-Knife" is a pretty good name, too.

Well, "Certainty-Razor-Knife" I guess in the literal translation. Certainty, security or safety -- all more or less cognate meanings.

It really looks like one I'd like to try.

O.H.
Sicherheitsrasirmesser is what it is called in the German patent (#DE64903). Here is the US patent if you're curious,

Last edited:
Top Bottom