What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Colonial V2 General
Feather Pro Super
IMG_0244.JPG

Razor: RazoRock ECO SE/Crown SS half blade
Brush: Brad Sears Oyster Kirinite Acrylic 2XXL with 28MM Estate Series knot
Soap/Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Desairology
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I haven't used any of my SE Razors for some time now. Today, I decided to shave using my EVER-READY 1912 SE Razor and was rewarded with a wonderfully close nice shave.

SixCats!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober-7th, on a GEMonday and will take out my Gem Damaskeene open comb and "get two Threads with one Razor so to speak":wink2:

Razor : Gem Damaskeene open comb- MFG 1912-15
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (8)
Soap : Gillette Pure shaving cream (New to me)
Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24 mm+
Pre shave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe Soap + Aloe vera gel on the beard area only.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no weepers= :biggrin1:

OCtober 7 + Gemonday -2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Well the initial OCtober run had to stop this morning, as at 5:00AM and short on time, I needed something quick and easy, that didn't take any thought. This morning....

OneBlade Hybrid / Modified GEM (~7th Shave)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 9th- I have been eyeing my Gillette old type that I acquired back last yr and have used it a few times since. I bought it with a _bay lot , you know when you come across a well liked razor that the previous owner cherished from the wear of the top cap plate. Almost all the Nickel has disappeared and the bottom plate is almost pristine & not a bent tooth with no dents so he enjoyed this one, also I had to replace the (paper) wedged Gillette ball type handle with a (spare)Gillette Tech handle. I usually get a weeper or two- but this razor gives a close shave and is more a upper mid range for aggression razor IMO.

Razor : Gillette old type-MFG 1920's + a Tech handle Mfg-1940's
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Soap : Nivea sensitive shave cream
Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24mm+
Pre shave: Wet the face + Aloe vera gel on beard area only
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + Nivea cool kick balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated some irritation + 1 chin weeper = :001_smile

OCtober 9-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom