What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SEptemper 28 What the heck, I did some more tweaking to my C1 Valet Auto-strop to the gap. The brass is so malleable on this Canadian version that I was able to straighten and tighten up the standard .011 thousands gap to about .007-.008 thousands of a inch. Installed a new modified Gem SS PTFE blade and let it go once more with a 3 pass shave with a clean up. It was amazing shave for closeness but it does cut whiskers very close to the skin and irritation did go up on this shave and my shave was very much smoother as compared to other trial shaves with my C1 Auto-strop.

Razor: Valet Autostrop C1 open comb version,MFG 1928-35's
Blade: GEM Personna SS PTFE (1) modified blade corners trimmed to fit the Auto-strop blade holder!
Soap : Italian barber Amici
Brush: Yaki 24 mm Tuxedo knot
Preshave : brush washed face with CeraVe soap + Aloe vera gel
Post shave : Alum block + cold water wash
Post shave : I.B Amici A.S + witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicated a increase from normal irritation + 2 small blemish weepers = :wink2:

SEptember 28-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

RR Eco SE
1/2 Astra Super Platinum
Cremo Horsehair Brush
Cold River Schapenmelk Shave Soap
Harrys Post Shave Balm
Cold River Citrus Maximus AS
IMG_0251.JPG

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SEptemper, Sunday 29 -I have been testing my oldie Goldie a Valet Auto strop C1 Canadian version. This is the closest to Straight razor or Shavette in my collection. The C1 can deliver a nice shave or ...... depending on the hand technique that morning . I find a 3 pass with a clean up too much for myself, A Two pass with a clean up about right with this razor.

Razor: Valet Auto-strop C1 Canadian version with smaller modified gap(.007-.008 thousands inch) MFG 1928-30's
Blade : Gem SS PTFE (2) modified for the Auto-strop blade holder.
Soap: Italian barber Amici
Brush : Razorock Noir 400
Pre shave :Wet Brush wash the face with CeraVe soap
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave :Amici A.S with witch hazel+ Nivea balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated above normal irritation = :wink2:

SEptemper-Sunday 29 -2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick Lady Eversharp/Schick injector blade
Brush: Lancaster Razor Works Grace brush with 24mm Maggards SHD 2-band badger knot
Soap: Talbot Shaving Grace
Aftershave: Maol/Talbot Shaving Grace
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom