What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

I use prolines exclusively in my repeaters, not that I have anything against chicks. They fit fine in all my blade trays and feed into all of my repeaters easily with the exception of my C2 (it's just a wonky razor. They work fine in my other C). If you have some I'd say give it a swing! Not too much of a difference in shave quality from chicks, maybe a hair smoother with the prolines.
I did the same with my entire Schick (and PAL) lineup. Proline for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Traditional Sunday shave with a single edge is my preference and it ended with a stellar shave with my vintage Gem Damaskeene OC.
Razor : Gem Damaskeene OC 1912-15 MFG
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (6)
Soap : Italian barber Amici
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Pre shave: Shower + Aloe vera gel
Post shave : Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Italian barber Amici splash:001_wub: + Nivea balm + witch hazel
Results= CCS,DFS,BBS:a17::001_smile
suday-shave-july-28-2019-2-jpg.1002940

Have some great shaves!

I use prolines exclusively in my repeaters, not that I have anything against chicks. They fit fine in all my blade trays and feed into all of my repeaters easily with the exception of my C2 (it's just a wonky razor. They work fine in my other C). If you have some I'd say give it a swing! Not too much of a difference in shave quality from chicks, maybe a hair smoother with the prolines.

Thanks, next blade change I'll try one.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Well it was a GEMonday morning shave for myself, had such a great shave with my GEM Damaskeene OC yesterday why not just try to duplicate it again. It was another great shave and the Damaskeene came through like usual for my tailored type of shave with Nivea products!
Razor : Gem Damaskeene OC MFG 1912-15
Blade : GEM Personna SS PTFE (7)
Soap : Nivea Sensitive skin cream
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Pre-shave: Wet the face + Aloe Vera gel
Post shave : Alum block + cold water rinse
Post shave : Nivea refreshing Aftershave + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BbS=:a17::001_rolle
gemonday-july-29-2019-2-jpg.1003245

Nivea morning also!
Have some great shaves!

OneBlade Hybrid / KAI Best (0.245) - While the KAI Best blade gives a really close shave, it's absolutely less smooth than either the modified GEM or FHS-10 blades. Sort of rough or a bit tugging, typical of Carbon Steel blades. Maybe it smooths out after shave, and I'll find out tomorrow.

On the other hand, although a bit 'rough', there were no nicks or cuts, and the results of the shave were first rate...super close, just not as comfortable.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Not in the mood for drama today, so the razor was the PAA Starling V2 OC; blade a PTFE (1).
Hot towel prep, Proraso Green, cold water splash followed by Nivea for Sensitive Skin.

Fresh blade to start the week, smooth and close.

Top Bottom