What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Gem MMOC with PTFE blade. Made the mistake of trying a three pass on my first try...needless to say, I will not be shaving tomorrow...it tore my neck up lol

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Gem flying wing (2).jpg
Gem Micromatic bullet tip or flying wing:a17:Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) results CCS,DFS,BBS= :001_smile
Gem instruction manual (2).jpg Gem procedure (2).jpg For folks who bought a used Gem with out owners manuals.
Have some great shaves!

A2EBF1A3-D35F-4A18-B868-2D1B240C5789.jpeg

I had a great shave this morning with my Schick type E injector filled with a new Chick blade. Used one of my own Doug Korn Workshop Custom Shaving Brushes and Cella SS. I finished the shave off with a mix of witch hazel and a dab do Gold Bond healing lotion.... Smooth and clean ready for another smocking-hot day.

Ron R

It's Sunday once again and I took out another favorite GEM, my 1912 model(MFG in 1920's according to Waits razor book). This razor is a excellent tool that most should have in anyone's razor rotation IMO.
Razor: Brass GEM 1912 model
Blade : GEM Personna SS PTFE (5)
Soap: Razorock Lavender
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 model
Pre-shave: Wet the face + Aloe Vera Gel
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Razorock XXX splash + Nivea balm
Results: CCS.DFS,BBS=:thumbup:
sunday-shave-july-21-2019-2-jpg.1000844

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Had a reasonable shave with my MMFW(MMBT or guiding eye....) great daily driver if that is what you want, it should get a person in CCS,DFS,BBS range most of the time.
Razor: Micromatic flying wing or bullet tip or guiding eye:thumbsup:
Blade : GEM SS PTFE (6)
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Pre shave : Wet the face and Aloe Vera gel
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver:001_wub: + witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS
mmmonday-july-22-2019-2-jpg.1001133

For folks who purchased a used razor with no instructions, these pamphlets might help your shave!
Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom