What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

93F620DA-3F88-460A-9AE6-E3A441D0593F_jpeg.jpg

My first shave with any SE razor: Gem MMOC with a CVS brand blade. Not an amazingly comfortable shave, probably because of the blade, but it left my face nice and smooth. I ordered some GEM CS, SS, and SS PTFE blades from Tryablade, so hopefully those help with the comfortable part.

View attachment 999448

My first shave with any SE razor: Gem MMOC with a CVS brand blade. Not an amazingly comfortable shave, probably because of the blade, but it left my face nice and smooth. I ordered some GEM CS, SS, and SS PTFE blades from Tryablade, so hopefully those help with the comfortable part.
A lot of times the first shave or two with an SE blade can be a bit on the harsh side then the blade tames a bit and the proceeding shaves are much better.
You can check out, Micromatic Monday and Gem Razor Models for more tips on getting great shaves with SE razors.

Schick E2 1937Pat (2).jpg
Schick Canadian 1930's pat E2 injector:a17: Schick blade(7) It does not get much better for a shave IMO.
Results= CCS,DFS,BBS

Second day with my MMOC and CVS brand blade. Still a smooth, yet harsh, shave. It was better with day two on the blade, however I think yesterday's shave left some irritation so it was still a bit rough.