What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
20221204_114438~2.jpg

Superb razor! :cool:

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12035954

after keeping it out for the past 2.5 years, I eventually had a positive covid-19 test yesterday. All in all quite ok, like a heavy flu, but I can’t smell anything anymore and have very little taste since this morning. So a big part of the pleasure of shaving is gone I must admit. So the endresult is….. no idea, except I have a smooth face again.

DE835D6F-ECFD-47D4-B2D2-00A5E90F6D1D.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, December 5th 2022

Razor : Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf (Peerless variant)- Mfg 1946, mid range, this model has the 17 nib safety bar which give a different face feel then the regular MMCP + very enjoyable shave this morning. Rigs shim used also.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (6) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, vanilla, light tobacco scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Mysteries space" 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Gem MMCP with a coated Gem blade.
Very enjoyable no drama shave this morning!

SOTD Dec 5 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Gem Junior The Parade Baton Handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Sun Soaps Walnut/Maple w/Yaqi Two-band badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
20221204_090611.jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Daily Double

Razor:
ATT SE1 with @Rosseforp GTB handle
Blade: Kai Protouch MG (4)
Razor: Bic1
Brush: Semogue Butterscotch Mistura
Soap: Shave Chaser CK-6
ASL: Shave Chaser
20221206_213939.jpg

I came across this Bic1 single edge disposable at the DL store and it looked interesting enough, and being Made in France, I just had to get a couple bags and try one out.
At $1.25 for 5, they are cheaper than the Gillette Guard and look like a good choice for a travel razor.

After whipping up a copious amount of CK-6 lather in my Aquamarine Captain's Choice bowl the Mistura was a pleasure to use. The pokeyness is finally gone, the backbone is gentle, and the scrub is there but soft.
My PAA Moonscape brush warmer kept the lather nice and warm on a 48 degree night.

I started with the Bic1 on my left side and could feel the blade as it easily whisked away the stubble. Long strokes, short buffing strokes with just a little bit of pressure it felt comfortable. It easily rounded the curve on my jawline, the feedback making it easy to maintain the optimum shaving angle.
I noticed the Bic wanted to skip on my neck until I increased the pressure, and it still felt reasonably comfortable as the Ti95OC kinda left my neck raw from Sunday's shave.

Switching to the SE1 for the right side the comfort and efficiency level increased and the SE1 effortlessly zipped right through the stubble on my face and neck without a bit of drama. Took about half as long as it did with the Bic1 also.

The SE1 easily and efficiently took care of the ATG pass on my right side, then I let the Bic1 take over for the ATG pass on my left side. As long as I maintained enough pressure to keep it from skipping the Bic1 had no problem reducing the stubble with almost no irritation at all.

I gave both razors one more WTG cleanup pass on both sides and rinsed off.

The Witch hazel had some sting to it, as did the Shave Chaser until the cooling effect took over and I lavished the Nivea balm on my face and neck.

I was super surprised at the quality of the shave from the Bic1, a $.25 razor, close, presentable, and comfortable.
It is definitely worthy of a full shave and will be finding it's way back into the rotation soon.

The SE1 is smooth, I felt the blade, but I didn't feel the blade because it spent so little time as it zipped through the stubble in complete precision and ease. Smooth, comfortable, efficient.
Not a take no prisoners type of shave, but a take no prisoners finish.

~doug~

Top Bottom