What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor: Gem Junior
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (12)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Soap: Stirling Hipster (58)
Balm: St. James of London Black Pepper & Lime
Aftershave: Bootleggers Perfecto Maduro

B0BE9F1A-93B8-487C-AD22-C1C98A404E4F.jpeg

DFS- today. Lots of dragging across my face. It could have been that the cap on this razor is worn, reducing the glide. It could be that the blade is worn out, though the last shave with the G Bar was good. It is probably that I just didn’t get enough of a load of lather. This was the last use of this soap and maybe I went one shave too far. Further investigation will have to be made.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razor: Gem Junior
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (12)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Soap: Stirling Hipster (58)
Balm: St. James of London Black Pepper & Lime
Aftershave: Bootleggers Perfecto Maduro

View attachment 1467896

DFS- today. Lots of dragging across my face. It could have been that the cap on this razor is worn, reducing the glide. It could be that the blade is worn out, though the last shave with the G Bar was good. It is probably that I just didn’t get enough of a load of lather. This was the last use of this soap and maybe I went one shave too far. Further investigation will have to be made.
Not sure its the cap dragging because there is not much contact in the small angle window of the top cap.

Ron R

GEMonday, June 6th, 2022

Razor : Gem Junior 1912, Mfg1943 Variant, excellent mid range, really a nice handle to roam the face, excellent results with this razor consistently. Mostly a carefree shave with this razor.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Proraso eucalyptus (green), mid scent strength with menthol, excellent lather qualities for protection.
Brush : Razorock 24mm Plissoft synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, excellent scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gem Junior 1912 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD June 6 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Star Junior, Red Baton Handle.
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Jayaruh #163 White Queen in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
20220605_082613.jpg

Ron R

ASRazor shave, June 7th 2022

Razor : Ever ready 1924(AKA Shovel head), Mfg 1924-33, Excellent mid range, loads from the back, well made and very much enjoyed by 100's of thousands of folks during its era. I usually receive excellent shaves and different way to load a Gem blade.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Proraso eucalyptus (green), nice mid range eucalyptus + menthol with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi 24 mm Robin boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my ER 1924 shovel head with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD June 7 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

ASRazor shave, June 7th 2022

Razor : Ever ready 1924(AKA Shovel head), Mfg 1924-33, Excellent mid range, loads from the back, well made and very much enjoyed by 100's of thousands of folks during its era. I usually receive excellent shaves and different way to load a Gem blade.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Proraso eucalyptus (green), nice mid range eucalyptus + menthol with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi 24 mm Robin boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my ER 1924 shovel head with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD June 7 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!
Looks good with the “Streamline” handle.

Ron R

Looks good with the “Streamline” handle.
Thanks, I agree with you. When I bought my streamline it came with a stropper and so it was not being used so I thought my 1924 Ever ready needed it. The handle that came with the ER 1924 seemed very small and thin diameter.
Over the years some fellows noticed me using it and have commented about it but you are the first to know its origins!

Razor: Above the Tie G1 V1.5 Single Edge Razor
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf
Aftershave: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Aftershave Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20220607_102232.jpg

Top Bottom