What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor: Eagle Safety Razor Co. - Improved “Above ‘Em All” 1910
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE - Modified for Eagle Improved (1st)
Brush: FS - 28mm G4 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Officina Artigiana - Milano
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Reserve - Cool
317A59F2-8EBA-4F89-B0D5-6E041C90F40E.jpeg

8F3EC5ED-B03B-476E-A07B-EDEBBBE22B11.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, OCtober 25th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf, Peerless model- Mfg 1945, excellent mid range, of the 3 Micromatics I enjoy this one the most it seems. I usually get a great shave.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent very sharp blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities. Experimenting with the water mister for improved lather.
Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar brush- Excellent lather generator, spit end soft tips + nice scrubber & good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici + witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm + scentless. :thumbsup:
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Gem Peerless MMCP + coated Gem blade.
SOTD, Oct 25, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Gem 1912
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (7)
Bowl: CC Copper
Brush: Ever Ready 500
Pre-shave: Proraso White
Soap: B&M 42
Balm: AOS Coriander & Cardomom
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man

6742B513-15B0-4ADD-BE2E-772D4A265199.jpeg

Attachments

• 6ABC4F4C-EF52-4887-A27C-14FA57871D0A.jpeg
    6ABC4F4C-EF52-4887-A27C-14FA57871D0A.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 3
Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20211024_082125.jpg

Tue 26 SE SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Clubman Whiskey Woods
The lather from this soap was nothing short of excellent...except perhaps the scent. So creamy so slick...wonderful!
An awesome shave with the razor paired with this blade (palm stropped). Crisply sharp, smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish. My favorite Clubman is just awesome too...because it can last!
20211026_092418.jpg

Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Blue)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (4)
Brush: Semogue 620
Lather: Barrister & Mann - Hallows (Soft Heart)
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming - Da’ Bomb
C991C7C9-EB60-48A3-8282-EE0D6BCD052A.jpeg

Trick or TREET?
I love my TREET razors, especially this one…because it’s blue. I can love a razor for any reason I like…and I like blue!
Seriously though, I had a seriously good shave. My GEM blade was on its fourth shave which means it has just passed through puberty into manhood. The peak of perfection.
For those of you that think a Treet baton is just another ASR rebranded GEM Junion Baton razor you would be wrong. If you look under the hood you’ll find that instead of the expected closed comb, it is sporting a Clog Pruf type safety bar.
6062F254-3EEA-44E8-B585-F7A26D5AA7C6.jpeg

Unfortunately my Razor rotation is so varied that I never get in enough back to back shaves to comment on which I like best. I’m pretty sure @Whiterook will pop up with his own Treet one of these days and his own personal incite.

Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Blue)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (4)
Brush: Semogue 620
Lather: Barrister & Mann - Hallows (Soft Heart)
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming - Da’ Bomb
C991C7C9-EB60-48A3-8282-EE0D6BCD052A.jpeg

Trick or TREET?
I love my TREET razors, especially this one…because it’s blue. I can love a razor for any reason I like…and I like blue!
Seriously though, I had a seriously good shave. My GEM blade was on its fourth shave which means it has just passed through puberty into manhood. The peak of perfection.
For those of you that think a Treet baton is just another ASR rebranded GEM Junion Baton razor you would be wrong. If you look under the hood you’ll find that instead of the expected closed comb, it is sporting a Clog Pruf type safety bar.
6062F254-3EEA-44E8-B585-F7A26D5AA7C6.jpeg

Unfortunately my Razor rotation is so varied that I never get in enough back to back shaves to comment on which I like best. I’m pretty sure @Whiterook will pop up with his own Treet one of these days and his own personal incite.
Look for my new red handled Treet on Monday, after OCtober.

Top Bottom