What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor Yaqi Excalibur AC Head
Blade Feather Pro [5]

IMG-4756 (2).JPG

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Tuesday 08.03.21 SOTD
PRE: RazoRock‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
RAZOR: RazoRock SS Hawk V3 Reg Titanium Halo Handle
BLADE: Schick P-30 Proline AC
BRUSH: Yaqi Aqua 24x55mm High Mountain Silvertip
SOAP: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Shaving Soap

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Aug 3rd 2021

Razor: Everready streamline 2nd generation, Mfg 1949-53,upper mid range>, nice looking razor, well built, good shaves when technique is on.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (8) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely. predictable.
Soap: Speick, nice spicy scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Omega 10005 boar brush, great lather creator, soft tips, excellent scrubber + good painter.
Pre shave: Brush(Yaqi Cashmere) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Lavada + a dollop of Nivea balm with 2 drops of HA.
Results: CCS, DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :thumbup:excellent shave with my ER streamline with a Gem coated blade.

Brush collage July Aug 3rd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: AutoStrop - 7 O’Clock (1911-12) London, England
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE - modified (2)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Red Queen 24mm synthetic
Pre-Shave: CW Beggs & Sons - Face Wash & Scrub
Lather: Saponificio Bignoli -Antica Ricetta
Aftershave: Clubman - Brandy Spice

9F94822E-661A-4879-A2A2-D96094487903.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10+/10
It must be 7 o’clock somewhere.
Todays shave just amazed me. It just doesn’t get any better than this.
Even though this 7 o’clock razor is the early predecessor to the Valet Autostrop , I think it shaves better than any of its offspring.
A lot of you know that I’m a big fan of Autostrop razors, but since I figured out the proper blade modification for the 7 o’clock, it blows them out of the water. I’m talking smooth and efficient. When Henry Gaisman patented this razor he hadn’t yet developed the “auto” part of his autostropping system. The blade flips up so you can hand strop it without removing it from the razor. The box has a built in strop on the inside of the top. Since I’m using a modern SS GEM blade I didn’t bother with any stropping.

For those of you that use the Gillette line of 7 o’clock razor blades, it was Henry Gaisman of the Autostrop Co. that brought his patented 7 o’clock name to Gillette when he took over. This razor is where it all started.

Last edited:
Razor: AutoStrop - 7 O’Clock
It must be 7 o’clock somewhere.

Todays shave just amazed me. It just doesn’t get any better than this.
Even though this 7 o’clock razor is the early predecessor to the Valet Autostrop , I think it shaves better than any of its offspring.
A lot of you know that I’m a big fan of Autostrop razors, but since I figured out the proper blade modification for the 7 o’clock, it blows them out of the water. I’m talking smooth and efficient. When Henry Gaisman patented this razor he hadn’t yet developed the “auto” part of his autostropping system. The blade flips up so you can hand strop it without removing it from the razor. The box has a built in strop on the inside of the top. Since I’m using a modern SS GEM blade I didn’t bother with any stropping.

For those of you that use the Gillette line of 7 o’clock razor blades, it was Henry Gaisman of the Autostrop Co. that brought his patented 7 o’clock name to Gillette when he took over. This razor is where it all started.

WOW... I have been collecting and using AutoStrop razors since I joined in 2017 and have never seen one. They must be rarer then hen's teeth....:eek2:
My favorite one is a C with a Feather H10 blade....:c9:

MMOC / GEM PTFE (4) / Williams / Aqua Velva -- was careless and too heavy-handed the last time I used the MMOC; giving me a reason to dig out the styptic pencil. But by paying attention and using a light touch today, I was rewarded with a near-BBS result--reassurance that I can use the MMOC, I just can't use it on autopilot and get away with it.

Top Bottom