What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Sat 17th July

Ever Ready Streamline & Gem S/S [ 6 ]
A better Shave today as only one days growth to deal with.

IMG_1566.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sat, July 17th, 2021. Still experimenting with my protouch blades in different razors(Gem Micromatics only & Schick injectors) with some success and makes my other razors more of value to myself if looking for alternative results, Nothing wrong with Gem coated blades but the pricy Protouch is smoother in some respects with the guard if not looking for a true BBS shave. The Gem coated blade is the best overall SE if looking for longevity and great shaves for the least expensive shave possible IMO. DE blades are the only ones that can even come close to $.02 to $.04 cent shaves a Gem SS Coated blade will give(10 shaves average) .

Razor: Gem Micromatic(MMOC), Mfg 1930-41 and was the first mass produced twist to open(TTO) in the USA or the world and is built and designed to last generations with the rack & pinion spring assisted design. This razor saved Gem during the Great Depression I'm thinking.
Blade: Kai Protouch (4) not designed for the Gem Razors or the Schick injector but will work regardless if cut to length properly & stoned any sharp edges from cutting. Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC type blade.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood, nice scent with some mild clove mixed in with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm tuxedo knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum + sandalwood.
Results: CCS, DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gem MMOC with a Kai Protouch modified.
MMMonday , July 17th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July 18th 2021

Razor: Schick adjustable injector, M3- Mfg 1970-72, this adjustable will suit most folks, setting 3 is mid range for myself, nice feel to this razor.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(9) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely and predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, discontinued for now, great scent that is addictive almost, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with Witch hazel. No balm today.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick injector adjustable M3 with a Personna coated injector.

Sunday Schick shave July 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

The last day of Shark Week!

Razor: Razorock Eco
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210717_083726.jpg

Mon 19 SE SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather Professional 7th use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + HeV-CCC Balm
Awesome soap! Super nice scent...cognacigarish!!! Creamy and slick lather too!
Just an effortless, super smooth, and very comfortable 3passes without any issues for a catfish finish! The razor and the well-used blade combo were terrific! Aftershaves especially the matching HetV balm were excellent!
20210719_092732.jpg

'48 Micromatic "Flying Wing"
Ted Pella GEM (1) lol......
MDC
Yaqi 24mm Violet Synth
Thayers
Pinaud Clubman

20210719_055952.jpg

Shave this morn in honor of Micromatic Monday!!!! No issues this morn other than minor irritation on left side neck. will choose either Gem Jr Bar or Gem Damaskeene for Thursday?????

be well all.

camo

1907ish Ever Ready Lather Catcher / GEM PTFE / ProRaso Green Pre/soap / AV Ice Blue -- after a 2-week shaving hiatus for the 4th of July and a week of vacation, lathered and took it down to just the handle bar and anchor beard last night (okay, I've stopped correcting people that call it a goatee, because together, they're technically a Van Dyke). The upshot is that I now look like a Ring Master (minus top hat), which is appropriate as my boss is out of the office and I'm in charge of the Circus this week...

Top Bottom