What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

2370FE88-673F-4761-9E72-2C2E9E7A9059.jpeg

Razor: Leaf Shaving Twig
Blade: Super Max
Brush: EverReady 500
Soap: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter
A/S: Pinaud Citrus Musk

proxy.php

Le Blanc Shea Soap Preshave
Brass General / Feather Pro Super (6)
Floris Shave Stick / Fine Fresh Vetiver

The same blade that I found harsh in the SS Hawk v3-A last week. Smooth effortless shave in the Brass General! Next to try - this blade in the aluminum Black Hawk - the reason I was willing to try the SS Hawk.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sat, July 10th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic OC- Mfg 1930-41, excellent mid range, well built, l enjoy this very popular razor in it's glory days 1930's.
Blade: Kai Protouch MG modified (3)- I enjoy experimenting with this blade in my Schick injectors and only my Gem Micromatics + Yaqi Excalibur 1st Version & 50mm folding Shavette.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood. nice sandal wood scent, it has great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel +Ogallala aftershave with sandalwood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17:Excellent shave with my MMOC with a modified Kai protouch.

SE SOTD, Thur, July 10th 2021 (Protouch blade).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: G.E. Jones Shake Sharp
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1st)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Cashmere 26mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: PAA - Atomic Age Bay Rum
Aftershave: Historic Brands - Georgian Bay Rum
75F5CE2D-3309-4F3C-91BD-77DA0AEFEDED.jpeg

CD0066DB-12A1-4FBB-93BE-10F502BC367D.jpeg

Sorry Sharks, but my Shake Sharp is too smooth to allow any blood in the water. No feeding frenzy today. In fact, my face is so smooth your teeth would just slide off.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July 11th 2021

Razor: Schick G1 Canadian variant- Mfg 1940's-50's N.D.Codes, Mid range, Easy razor to manipulate around the face, light weight. Still having fun with the Kai Protouch blade, very easy on the skin this blade, great results.
Blade: Kai Protouch MG modified (5)- Excellent blade, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Pricey blade but you do get extra protection and this blade is not that threatening if that matters to some. I use this blade in other non 50mm razors with great success. Usual results DFS++ it seems and you can add a little pressure and not threatening to cut IMO. Great shave today.
Soap: Italian barber Amici. Nice citrus scent(red grapefruit & ..... with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Moka express 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, soft scrubber, great lather painter and just a nice feel to the face when using.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici AS with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick G1 Canadian variant with a Kai Protouch modified for injection razors.
Sunday Schick shave, July 11th 2021.jpg

Have some excellent shaves!

Top Bottom