What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Hawk A
Timeless Crown Ti Handle
Feather Pro Blade (3)
Hawk A Crown hdl.JPG

PXL_20210306_224205541.jpg

First use of a NOS Personna Injector II Floating Head with Personna II Twin Blade blades.

I was pleased with the shave. Definitely have to learn a bit. I don't find the floating head to do much and when I tried to force it to I got a nick.

I've also heard VERY good things about the Japanese Schick II blades and hope to try them in this soon.

Overall nice shave and VERY close and minimal irritation.

PXL_20210306_211721449.jpg

PXL_20210306_211727021.jpg

I always get a mixture of glee and guilt when I crack open a package like this that has been sitting sealed since the 70's!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Mar 7th 2021

Razor: Schick injector E2 Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's-40's, excellent mid range, always receive nice close shaves with this injector.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (9)- Excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco, I enjoy Citrus scents and this one is a winner, nice citrus scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26 mm :001_wub:, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Personna coated blade.

Sunday Schick shave Mar 7th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Schick D Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210306_083002.jpg

Top Bottom