What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Valet Autostrop VB1 razor
GEM stainless steel blade
Everready brush
Declaration Grooming Taum Sauk soap
Barbasol Pacific Rush aftershave
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Mar 2nd 2021

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st Gen - MFG 1950-52, Excellent <mid range, light weight 1OZ, easy carefree shave.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood - nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities + good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud soft tips with great scrub, excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala bayrum + sandal wood aftershave :001_wub: + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Gem 1st Gen Featherweight + a coated Gem blade.
SE SOTD, Tue,Mar 2nd 2021.jpg

Have some Great shave! Stay & think safe in these times!

Cross-post from the SR side, as I use a straight for my mug and safety razor for the head. Tonight I used a Le Grelot, then had a splendid head shave with the Gem Jr. with period blade. Lathered Stirling Nag Champa with an old wood and horn mystery brush.

The Jr. was certainly not the most efficient shave, but with some extra time gave me a very close and comfortable result. I can see me honing up a few more blades and using that one regularly!

20210302_191648.jpg

Wed 3rd SOTD with New Budget AC Setup!!
Soap
Ach Brito Mogno - Super Slick!!
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake Badger
Razor Yaqi AC razor - New and terrific!
Blade
Feather ProGuard - New and terrific too!
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
Received my new budget AC set up at a very affordable cost!
Use my slickest soaps among all as a precaution. Man...this soap is super-duper slick!! The lather quality and performance is outstanding! The scent is pleasant too.
Razor is kinda light but still heavier than the other aluminum. The top-cap thread seems crooked but it fits perfectly. Quite easy to load the blade and all. I've heard and seen so many AC shaves that I was a bit apprehensive...hahaha, worried unnecessarily.

The shave with razor paired with the blade was nothing short of awesomeness and was amazing!! I never knew shaving can be so soft, so smooth, so comfortable...and yet so sharp and efficient! What an experience!! The razor angle is easy to find...more shallow than steep...so easy to maneuver (especially under the nose) and it really covers more area...
After 3 silky soft passes, I get one of my closest shaves yet, especially for the adam apple area. Atg on trouble chin and lips area was silky smooth too! A wow shave experience! The aftershave was an excellent finish. Rating 10/10!!
20210303_000002.jpg

20210303_072818.jpg

Top Bottom