What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Tue 20th October

Alu General & Schick Proline [ 7 ]
First use of this small Muhle Sivertex Brush[ 21mm], gifted to me by son, lucky I have small hands. In action rather impressed by the copious lather it quickly whips up. Seems ideal for working with small pucks,and can see me using it for Travel.

IMG_1129.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 20th, Tue, 2020

Razor: Valet auto-strop C1, Canadian Variant- Mfg 1920's NDC
Valet Auto-stop C 1, MFG 1920's- .011 original gap clearance to a .007 blade gap Henry,Jacques...jpg
, modified (1yr+ ago)blade gab from .011 to .007"thousands, it just made it so much smoother, the older blades might of not been as sharp as of todays because with .011" it was very aggressive I felt.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) :001_wub: Very sharp, excellent longevity, predictable and smooth's out nicely.
Soap: Tabac- mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm with black marble handle- excellent and favorite lather creator with cloud like tips. Hard to beat!
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups, WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS+ no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my modified gap blade Valet auto strop & modified Gem blade. Lots of modifications to make it work to my standards of a excellent shave it seems, great razor.

OCtober 20th, Tue, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, OCtober 22nd,2020

Razor: Star bar#4 lather catcher- Mfg in Brooklyn NY 1920 by Kampfee brothers, one of the last & best lather catchers made possibly in USA. Milder mid range + excellent daily driver IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) Excellent blade with great sharpness and longevity and smoothes out nicely.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- mild scent with excellent lather qualities with a great post shave feel. Great price & deal IMO.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm-excellent brush for creating lather with nice soft tips. Have been using this one for years enjoyably.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cols water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. WTG + ATG + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor(RR version of Creed Adventice)aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 & Gem Personna coated blade.
OCtober 22nd, Wed, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Top Bottom