What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor: Christy with massage bar.
Blade: Schick injector.
Soap: 1920's Colgate shave stick.
Aftershave: Generic witch hazel.
Balm: Proraso Green
Brush: Vintage badger.
Great shave, 2 pass bbs with some touching up. Absolutely no irritation or alcohol sting.
15956229317901257978776621697179.jpg

7/25: 1953 Schick G, Chick, Irish Spring, AOS Badger, Old Spice. Marvelous cool water shave with one of my favorite razors. BBS. Next shave: 1958 Schick J.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sat, July 25th 2020

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade -Mfg 1943 variant, Excellent mid range razor with a comfortable great self standing handle that you do not see very often.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade in all ways. :001_wub:
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers,24mm synthetic- Excellent brush for creating lather with soft tips.
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea"- nice scent with great lather qualities.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Junior 1912 Parade.
SE SOTD, Sat, July 25th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July 26th 2020

Razor: Schick adjustable M3 -Mfg 1970-72, I like using this razor to dial in my razor for first use of a new blade.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (1) very sharp blade for the first couple of shaves.
Soap: Proraso Red Sandal wood- It is not one of my favorites but their Red aftershave makes up for it.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic- been using this one for some time and it creates good lather with soft tips.
Pre- shave: shower + a dollop of Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 with pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 2 small weepers = :a17:Great shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3.

Sunday Schick shave, July 26th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: RazoRock Satin Hawk v2
Blade: Feather AC Pro (first shave)
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft synthetic

I was bored a few days ago and doing some online shopping when I remembered that I had the Hawk sitting idle in the back of my bathroom cabinet drawer. I popped over to WCS and ordered a couple of packs of the Pro blades and they arrived in time for single-edge Sunday. I'd forgotten just how good those blades are. I'm a little out of practice, but I managed a really close, comfortable shave with almost no effort, an easy 9/10.

Used the Clog Pruf again today. Yesterday was my first shave with an SE in over a year. Still adjusting to the lighter razor (I've been shaving with a Rockwell 6S for the last 14-15 months) and angle, so there was a bit of irritation, but on the whole, just a really enjoyable shave.

Top Bottom