What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

3 June 20
Razor
: Shick L1 injector razor
Blade: Schick injector (3)
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Giotto Synthetic brush
Pre-Shave: Fendrihan Bay rum pre-shave oil
Lather: L’Occitane shaving soap
Aftershave: L’Occitane AS balm
Additional Care: Thayers Lemon WH

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Wed, June 3rd 2020

Razor: Everready 1914 (AKA little lather catcher)-MFG 1914-17> Just a great razor to use with a lot of Audio feed back, A mid range with excellent efficiency. This model has the first generation blade stops that are small IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) great blade with sharpness, longevity, and smooths out during it's life cycle.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- one of favorites with nice scent and great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm " Sagrada Familia" A Cathedral I visited in Barcelona Spain, Great brush to use IMO.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser :001_wub: + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 1 Blemish weeper =:a17:great shave with my Everready 1914.
SOTD, Wed, june 3rd 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: June 3, 2020
Razor: PAA Starling V2 OC
Blade: AccuTec Personna Gem Stainless PTFE (2)

1591207523579.png

It's been a while since I played in Gem-space. Since I hauled out the Gem Jr. Bar Monday, I had a nice fresh blade and decided to keep going with it. This morning it's the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Starling V2 with the OC plate. I like this razor a lot because it gives good shave. What it doesn't do is excite me with its lovely smooth stainless construction, because it's an aluminum alloy razor.

I've learned I can forgive much with this razor if I use a stainless handle on it. Today's shave I used a RazoRock handle.

The shave is as good as a second-use Gem can do. Stellar, in fact. Now that I've "head-stropped" the edge on both sides [grin], the NEXT two shaves will be the absolute best in the blade. Friday the blade goes in the other razor you see there, the Gem MMOC.

O.H.

Ron R

SE SOTD, Thur June 4th 2020

Razor: Everready streamline 2nd Generation model-Mfg 1949-53- Nice eye candy, but it needs good technique to enjoy even more IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) Great blade in all respects that checks most of the boxes,sharp,longevity & smoothness as the blade wears in.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- nice scent with good lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- great brush that I enjoy still after 3 1/2 years.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + 2 tiny weepers= :001_smile very close shave with my ER Streamline razor.
SE SOTD, Thur, June 4th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

SE SOTD, Thur June 4th 2020

Razor: Everready streamline 2nd Generation model-Mfg 1949-53- Nice eye candy, but it needs good technique to enjoy even more IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) Great blade in all respects that checks most of the boxes,sharp,longevity & smoothness as the blade wears in.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- nice scent with good lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- great brush that I enjoy still after 3 1/2 years.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + 2 tiny weepers= :001_smile very close shave with my ER Streamline razor.
View attachment 1109052
Have some great shaves!

one wicked razor I didnt collect and good soap pairing!!!!

camo

Razor: Schick K2 Lady Eversharp Pink Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: L'Occitane Cade Shave Oil
Lather: Haslinger Shafmilch
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200603_115901.jpg

Well, no power, hot, humid in the house, since around 7:20 last night, and adjusted shave accordingly:

Schick Adjustable on 5 / Schick Twin (# unknown, but a lot)
Proraso Green / RR 26mm Monster - Did I mention it was hot?
Pinaud Yu - Heavily Mentholated
Mentholated Balm - Unscented

Guess you can tell I wanted to cool off, and needed a razor I could use half in the dark.

Ron R

SE SOTD, Fri, June 5 2020

Razor : Valet Auto Strop C1 Canadian Variant - Mfg 1920's, Gab has been altered to .007 thousands of a inch to smooth out the shaves. It is a lot more enjoyable for me to use with the smaller gap that was approx .011 before.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) Great blade.
Soap: Razorock What the Puck Lime- great soap with strong lime scent, good summer time soap IMO, triple milled.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft 24 mm - great brush and reminds me of a well broke in Boar brush.
Preshave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + Pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave+ a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my Valet auto strop C1 model.
SE SOTD, Fri (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom