What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Saturday‌ ‌05.023.20 ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0068 - Edited.jpg

Valet Auto Strop VC1 Nickel
Feather Fhs-10 Hi-Stainless
Frank Shaving 2 Band Finest Badger Extra Long Handle
Pre de Provence shave soap
Pre‌ ‌de‌ ‌Provence‌ ‌Sante‌ ‌Green‌ ‌Tea‌

DSCF0069 - Edited.jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
SE SOTD

Friday, May 22
Schick E2 open to clean
Schick(1)
Omega Silver Tip
1912 Club Cola
Proraso Red

This is the first time that I have used an injector razor of any kind. I recently picked up several Schick E2 injector razors, one of them with a fixed spring mechanism, and the other one has the Open to Clean spring mechanism that swivels and allows the bottom plate to swing out for cleaning.
It is also my under standing that the open to clean E2 model is the most desirable, and according to @Chan Eil Whiskers, it is his favorite safety razor.
20200523_113311[1].jpg

This was a very good kit.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
SE SOTD

Friday, May 22
Schick E2 open to clean
Schick(1)
Omega Silver Tip
1912 Club Cola
Proraso Red

This is the first time that I have used an injector razor of any kind. I recently picked up several Schick E2 injector razors, one of them with a fixed spring mechanism, and the other one has the Open to Clean spring mechanism that swivels and allows the bottom plate to swing out for cleaning.
It is also my under standing that the open to clean E2 model is the most desirable, and according to @Chan Eil Whiskers, it is his favorite safety razor.
View attachment 1103950
This was a very good kit.

As much as I love the Schick Type E2 open to clean the Fatip Open Comb Slant has recently entered the ring as a strong contender.

Great kit. I like seeing good stuff like yours.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
As much as I love the Schick Type E2 open to clean the Fatip Open Comb Slant has recently entered the ring as a strong contender.

Great kit. I like seeing good stuff like yours.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Seeing as the FOCS is currently made of unobtanium, I'm curious how you rate the FOCS compared to standard OC Fatip, as far as comfort level goes.

My Piccolo is still at the top of my list when it comes to comfort, I am not sure if my Piccolo SE or Schöne are as efficient as my E2, but they are very close.

I am also not yet used to how it shaves, the blade is very subtle, with absolutely no give at all. It doesn't feel harsh, yet it doesn't feel smooth either. I does, however, give me an almost effortless close shave, and will need more study before I decide where it fits in my rotation. I also have the E2 with a fixed spring that needs a trial run.

And If my PTFE GEM blades ever show up from Connaught, I still have my Bullet Tip and MMOC to figure out. There is a Gold Grande along with some shaving soap mixed in there I am also waiting for.

Top Bottom