What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur, May 21st 2020

Razor: Gem junior 1912 parade with the baton handle-Mfg 1943, I find this 1912 model with this handle one of my favorites to shave with.The handle acts like a stand all in one. Also the corners of the base plate are rounded a little more than other older models IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6) just a great blade to use-very sharp, great longevity and smooths out after a few shaves.
Soap: Razorock XXX- great freshness scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm- great brush to lather with, soft tips, good splay with a nice scrub.
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + clean up.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea sensitive balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gem jr.
View attachment 1103026
Have some great shaves!

Razor: GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip Guiding Eye Flying Wing
Blade: GEM by Personna 3-facet Super Stainless (11)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Cella, red container
Rating: 10

Perfect shave on two days' growth today. BBS with zero irritation. Shave #11 on this blade, and no resistance today - unlike the last shave. Today, this blade felt like it still had lots of life left. Anyone think I can get 20 shaves out of it?

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
G-bar.jpg

Razor: Supply Single Edge 2.0 in matte black
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Haslinger Shafmilch
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200520_084202.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri May 22nd 2020

Razor: Valet Auto-strop C1 model Canadian variant-Mfg 1920's(I decreased the gap from .011 to .007 thousands of a inch to smooth the razor out.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (6)
Soap: Razorock Don Marco-Nice Citrus scent with good lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle- very nice brush to handle and generates great lather.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + clean up.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea Sensitive balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my C1 Valet auto strop.
SOTD, Fri May 22nd 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC2 Single Edge razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Ocean Tortoise Shell Pure Bristle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Looks like it might be Autostrop Friday!!!
PSX_20200430_082531.jpg

Broman and today after 19 shaves I switched to the second halve of the kai blade which still was shaving smoothly but I did start to feel it cutting a bit less. Will be interesting how long this halve will last.
Soap was a frankensoap grate of vergulde hand and fine Marinated with a intoxicating shot of as

Top Bottom