What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Sun 3rd Nov.

Occams V2/No3 plate- Feather Proguard [ 10 ]

IMG_0230.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave and I like to use a Schick injector if possible, todays Schick is another L type promotional called the "Championship" because Schick was a sponsor for the 1976 Montreal Olympics.

Razor : Schick injector L type theme razor "Championship"- MFG 1976 for Montreal Olympics
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (2)
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum
Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24mm+
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave: Dickinson's witch Hazel
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + Nivea Balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :001_smile

Suday shave Nov 3 2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0021 - Edited.jpg

Monday 11.04.19 SOTD
TSE Pre-Shave Oil
Shick injector Type G8 / Shick blade
Vulfix 1016 Pure Badger
Fine Platinum Shave Soap
Fine Platinum Classic After Shave

DSCF0029 - Edited (1).jpg

GEM Clog Pruf / GEM PTFE (2)

This is my second time using any type SE! Less weepers than last time, but still quite a bit of post shave alum sting. How many shaves did it take people to settle in? Or should I be looking for a milder SE?

261DEC94-1ED4-4CBE-9719-8FFC0D1E7C04.jpeg

OneBlade Hybrid / Modified GEM (~8th) - After participating in OCtober and not shaving yesterday, haven't used the OneBlade in 30+ days. Forgot just how smooth, close, and easy a shave is with it. Couple of days growth mowed down almost completely on the first pass, but I did a 2nd just make sure there weren't any missed spots.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0031 - Edited.jpg

Tuesday 11.5.19 SOTD
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Pre Shave Oil
Schick Injector SE Type G1 / Schick (1)
Frank Shaving 24mm x 50mm Silvertip Badger
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave

DSCF0032 - Edited.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Good morning this MMMonday and hope all is well. SOTD

Razor: Gem Micromatic open comb (MMOC) - Mfg 1930-41 with button less (BLMMOC) 1930-32
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10)
Soap: Proraso Red Sandal wood
Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24 mm+
Preshave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dollop of Aloe Vera gel to beard area.
Post shave: Alum block + cold water rinse
Post shave: Proraso red AS with witch hazel + Nivea Balm(very dry up north with forced heat)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated no irritation + no weepers = :biggrin1:

MMMonday Nov 04-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
GEM Clog Pruf / GEM PTFE (2)

This is my second time using any type SE! Less weepers than last time, but still quite a bit of post shave alum sting. How many shaves did it take people to settle in? Or should I be looking for a milder SE?

If you didn't strop or cork the blade, and if you DID flip it after each shave, then my experience is that the first two shaves are the ones that need the most care. Shaves 3-6 are usually pretty smooth.

I prefer not to mess with the edge, as I get a nice smooth shave out of a fresh Gem blade. I also flip after each shave.

O.H.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I'm now doing some experimentation with a particular razor: the ATT G1. Once I'm fairly confident about the results, I will post them, but for now...

Above the Tie G-1
PTFE (1)
Proraso Green Tub
RazoRock Beehive brush

O.H.

Top Bottom