What's new

SE Razor Finds

I took a long hiatus from traditional shaving because I've been experimenting with facial hair. I'm still sort of on hiatus and I'm still bearded. But anyway, I was looking through my closet and found an old shopping bag that I used to stow some SE razors, blades, and some other odds and ends. I was pretty stoked to find that stuff too.

The list is as follows

1. Ever Ready 1912 with the box it was sold in and two blades were included. I think I bought that on eBay in 2014. The shaves were mostly good.
2. Gem MMOC. I won this in a PIF in 2013. I've only used it a few times. The shaves were hit or miss. I might PIF this one, so be on the lookout.
3. Gem G-Bar. I traded my Fatip for this in 2014. The shaves were a little too mild, but still pretty decent.
4. Ever Ready 1924. I was PIF'd this razor in 2014. The guy found out I was a veteran and sent it to me all the way from Japan. I would love to hear how it ended up there because he told me he found it in an antique store in some small town in Japan. This was the best shaving SE razor I used of the bunch. One pass got me DFS and good enough to pass a military inspection.

I'll have to take pictures of all of them. I just thought you guys would appreciate a post like this.

Nice. The 1924, also called the shovelhead requires a different shaving angle than all the other SEs. It is closer to what people who shave with DEs are used to. Maybe that's why you got along with it better?

If you try the micromatic open comb again, hold it very close to your face, use a light touch, and maybe even do a little skin stretching, like people do with straight razors. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom