What's new

SE noob with some dumb questions (Vector related)

No need for oil, but it won't cause harm either.

You can use a washer as much or as little as you'd like. There's no harm either way.

OC is marginally more efficient. We've abandoned our aggressiveness rating and replaced it with a better system on the new upcoming website. This outlines the differences between OC and SB more clearly. I know that doesn't help now, but I thought I'd mention it.
Thanks for getting back to my questions, that's very appreciated. Your answers were absolutely helpful for me!

Thank you for getting back to my questions, that's very appreciated. Your answers were absolutely helpful for me.

Shave no. 3 and 4 are in the books. Today's shave was another dramafree and very nice one, again. I'd dare to say I have dialed in my technique with the Vector now. Getting used to the Vector hasn't been hard work, since I can shave with this razor based on intuition alone. 100% cruise control. Lovely.

20211204_131129-01.jpeg

Feather Soft Guards are okay, I actually have been using one this week, but it doesn't have the longevity for me.

How many good shaves can you get out of the Feather Soft Guard @tyoung?
I'm not seeking to quench out the last shave out of a blade (I might end up with irritation on my skin at worse). I already have a feeling shave no 5 might be the final one with this blade.

On Feather soft guards I get 5 good shaves, but I always squeeze it out to a full week of daily head shaves. Shave 6 & 7 are a little rougher, but not unbearable. With the Kai Captains, I seem to get closer to 10 really great shaves out of them. The Kai's also seem more smooth from first shave on.

On Feather soft guards I get 5 good shaves, but I always squeeze it out to a full week of daily head shaves. Shave 6 & 7 are a little rougher, but not unbearable. With the Kai Captains, I seem to get closer to 10 really great shaves out of them. The Kai's also seem more smooth from first shave on.
I had my fifth shave today with the Feather Soft Guard. I binned it afterwards since the blade began to drag and felt a bit harsh today. Overall, I had good shaves with it. It's been a flawless starting point for me.

Just in time I received the blade sampler today...
20211206_173612.jpg

I'd start with the KAI Captain Original (#1) and intend to make my way up to Feather Pro Super (#6).

Top Bottom