What's new

Scuttles!

DIRTY BIRD without a doubt !!! Wonderful !!!

I'll second that recommendation and say that I have seen a few people start with a GT and then try a DB and not gone back but have never seen it the other way.

I owned a GT5 and the DB is superior in build and function if you ask me.

Just curious, does the Dirty Bird have a plug like the GP?

No. It has a wider opening for water. I found the rubber stopped useless in my old GT5. It kept popping out, made no difference to retain heat and got in the way of lathering as it stuck out too far.

The Dirty Bird 1.5 scuttle is really nice and holds a good bit of hot water to keep your lather good and warm...

Id agree with the rubber stopper not making that much of a difference with retaining heat but I like the one I have, and the stopper doesn't get in th way ( at least in the ones I have made). I like the stopper because after I soak my brush I just dump out the water right quick and start the later process.

My DB original scuttle in opal rim on black arrived today, I ordered it on Jan 22. The scuttle is certainly beautiful, sturdy, and the perfect size. It is compact yet the bowl is more than large enough to accommodate lather making. Made a nice test lather tonight. The craftsmanship on this piece is top notch. I love it already!

Some pics:

$20140306_161806.jpg

$20140306_161815.jpg

$20140306_161822.jpg

$20140306_161832.jpg

$20140306_164601.jpg

I am about to pull the trigger on a DB 1.5. I'm new to wet shaving, and I didn't notice until I discovered scuttles, that my shaves no matter how hot the water, gets cold by the second pass.

Prior to this, I shaved with Barbasol and Fusion in the shower, and once I started wet shaving, I deployed for a few months. I did wet shave the whole time, but not exactly the most ideal shaves. Since I got home, I've had luke warm shaves at best, though they have been Darn Good Shaves.

Looking forward to warm foam!

Top Bottom